• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacement turbo

wohooo, Slim & TD, that is interesting :sifone:
I was on the way hunting for a GM8, but if I can find a source for this kind of beast + custom exhaust downpipe and instructions for the "how to", gees, I go for it.
Any chance I can be added with the guys to the "I want one!" list ? :ihih:

Consider yourself on the list, hang tight.

I'll let you know when we have a rough price and delivery/payment date.

Did I miss something here ???? RCpullerdude are you saying you are selling the turbo???

Thought Turbine Doc, Myself and Hank1948 had put this together. Must have missed something?

I'll let you know when we have a rough price and delivery/payment date.

Hey RCPD followup to Slim's question, something to consider if you are selling a Chinese knockoff yourself,

the turbos chosen by Slim & that are also being tested on our vehicles, was because we have a IC between the turbo & our engine, there is some good China stuff and some bad, in event the turbo we chose lunched itself the IC would offer some layer of protection, we have been very cautious to not grab the first one we looked at. Also we made no mention of the experiment except in passing until we had proven one to be safe, I'm confident recommending the Mitsubishi turbo is good for go, high confidence in same China turbo Slim has tested, I'll be able say more about it once it is up and running on my truck.

But since the China turbo has not been on my truck yet I can't comment good or bad on it, I expect to see it sometime this week for install on my truck for testing, if you are doing your own thing just be careful before taking orders on them that you have one fully tested that isn't going to harm somebodys engine if it lunches itself.

Hey RCPD followup to Slim's question, something to consider if you are selling a Chinese knockoff yourself,

the turbos chosen by Slim & that are also being tested on our vehicles, was because we have a IC between the turbo & our engine, there is some good China stuff and some bad, in event the turbo we chose lunched itself the IC would offer some layer of protection, we have been very cautious to not grab the first one we looked at. Also we made no mention of the experiment except in passing until we had proven one to be safe, I'm confident recommending the Mitsubishi turbo is good for go, high confidence in same China turbo Slim has tested, I'll be able say more about it once it is up and running on my truck.

But since the China turbo has not been on my truck yet I can't comment good or bad on it, I expect to see it sometime this week for install on my truck for testing, if you are doing your own thing just be careful before taking orders on them that you have one fully tested that isn't going to harm somebodys engine if it lunches itself.

Also just a side note, we have applied for a lock on the idea for the modifications, proprietary ideas.

A lot of testing went into this, I am not into lunching someones engine. So; just a side note to someone buying a knock of turbo that has no testing, you may lose your motor to compressor shrapnel from the cheap turbos.

This has not been a overnight en devour, a lot of work and research went into this project to come up with a safe and reliable reasonable priced replacement turbo for our 6.5.

Is it?
IIRC, the mitsu can deliver up to 18 psi, isn't it too much for us, even with an HP4, I mean, is there any risk I can defuel?

The IC is not critical, a lot of work has gone into making sure this turbo is safe for our motor. Hence it is not just a clone of the Mitsubishi, some slight mods for our vehicle.

The turbo has been tested on 18:1 and 22;1 motors with no problems

The IC is not critical, a lot of work has gone into making sure this turbo is safe for our motor. Hence it is not just a clone of the Mitsubishi, some slight mods for our vehicle.

Thanks for pointing that, so, I understand no need of a boost fooler, right?

The turbo has been tested on 18:1 and 22;1 motors with no problems

Great! my engine is stock, 22:1

Just a last question : in your post #22, you said you notice black smoke at the exhaust with the chinese one, is it OK after few miles or do you still get black smoke at the exhaust with the chinese one?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say RCPD worded it wrong and wanted to know when to expect a formal list to appear from you guys. Like I said, just guessin...

Ok, on to bussiness. So we can run it on either 18:1 or 22:1, I/C or no I/C, a pretty much bolt on item - save lengthening oil return tube, it will give sustained 18 # of boost AND whistle? The word covet keeps coming to mind here...

I'll sit by patiently and wait...is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say RCPD worded it wrong and wanted to know when to expect a formal list to appear from you guys. Like I said, just guessin...

Ok, on to bussiness. So we can run it on either 18:1 or 22:1, I/C or no I/C, a pretty much bolt on item - save lengthening oil return tube, it will give sustained 18 # of boost AND whistle? The word covet keeps coming to mind here...

I'll sit by patiently and wait...is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet?

I hope you are right about RCpullerdude, we have been pretty forthright about information regarding the turbo, and I am not looking to rape anyone on the price, been there and had it done to me, time for that type of business to change. Nothing wrong with making a slight profit but to RAPE AND PILLAGE SOMEONE'S hard earned cash is despicable and without HONOR .

So that being said: bolt on whether it is IC or NON IC motor 18:1 or 22:1. sustained boost under load is 15 to 18 psi. lengthening the oil tube is the only mod, pretty tough huh.

Like I said lots of preliminary work money and time, not to mention all of the hey when are you going to spend time with me comments from the other side during the pre fabrication phase. Oh and did I forget sending money to a company overseas. FIRST turbos were dam expensive. SO yes we do have a vested interest in seeing this project through for the 6.5 community. Tough to take when someone else tries to walk in on your work and take over. About time we get to have power and fuel economy in one package. :cornut:

Thanks for pointing that, so, I understand no need of a boost fooler, right?

Great! my engine is stock, 22:1

Just a last question : in your post #22, you said you notice black smoke at the exhaust with the chinese one, is it OK after few miles or do you still get black smoke at the exhaust with the chinese one?

NO, black smoke stopped, the company I am working with made the turbos nice and tight, just took a little to break in, all was fine after a few hundred miles. Remember I have an optical bump for fuel so I am running a lot more fuel than just the extra Heath's HP4 chip is putting through the injectors.

Back