• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Random stalling

hookedup50

Reaction score
I was on another thread earlier, and stopped power probing and started wiggle test. The truck started with click of starter and stalled 5 seconds later. I wiggled around ECM again and it started again for 5 seconds. Now nothing. My ex has my service manual. Is there an ecm diagram for a 97 somewhere in the library?
Thoughts? I’ve got clean grounds, no air in clear tube. Good known pmd. Has anyone had to get a factory cut key? Just brainstorming

ECM Pin Out Schematics 1997. Have to break them down into parts as a single file is too large.
FWIW, The files say PCM but, we know it as "ECM" semantics, schmantics, Schematics....

Attachments

• Schematic PCM Pin Outs Part 1.pdf
    940.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Schematic PCM Pin Outs Part 2.pdf
    821.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Schematic PCM Pin Outs Part 3.pdf
    843.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Schematic PCM Connectors.pdf
    654.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Schematic PCM Pin Outs Pic2.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 2
The anti theft light comes back on when cranking. I’ve owned the truck so long , I don’t remember what is normal. In order to get the wait to start light to stay on, I have to fiddle with the ecm wires. Once I have a 10 second wait to start comes on. It started twice today, stalled after five seconds. I think it’s a security glitch, and always have. Pmd and everything is redundant. Multiple extensions and 2 pmd on sink in bumper.

I did that 10 minute relearn yesterday.. I have another ecm that im sending out for a tune for ATT turbo. I will hook up software today and see if any soft codes appeared yesterday. Is there any reason not to bypass the security system and then do a relearn?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The locksmith said it did, but I prefer advice from here. Never had bad advice. What part of cruise control has to do with injector pump? I added a simple scanner and found my cruise module is bad, I ordered a replacement multi switch, cause I think it’s in there and the contacts are not good here. Im finding corrosion throughout.

Back