• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Random stalling

Look for root canal files.
Tiny little files that can get into the smallest electrical terminal connectors and scrub them out.
Several years ago I went through every terminal and blocks of terminals that I could get my hands on, on My 2000 K3500.
As I was scrubbing connectors I’d give each one a light smear od Truck-Lite compound. An anti corrosion salve that does a real good job.

I replaced the combi switch, because cruise was gone. Still no start. Things I forgot to mention on drive to Toronto. The speedo was not accurate, maybe the rpm also. I am pulling the instrument cluster today to add bulbs as I had no lighting in the cluster. I’m cleaning both grounds that attach to metal tube. Any thoughts. Will faulty vss cause no start ? I’m running of places to look . Ground wires in cab are clean. Where is the ground to to under hood fuse box

Look for root canal files.
Tiny little files that can get into the smallest electrical terminal connectors and scrub them out.
Several years ago I went through every terminal and blocks of terminals that I could get my hands on, on My 2000 K3500.
As I was scrubbing connectors I’d give each one a light smear od Truck-Lite compound. An anti corrosion salve that does a real good job.
I’m a watchmaker, I didn’t consider using broaches and tiny files

Given that random stalling / cruise control loss are symptomatic of a PMD issue and that you have a couple of PMDs (if I read earlier posts correctly) that I’m sure you’ve tried already, I’d be looking at checking the condition of the PMD harness since you’ve got your file set out and cleaning terminal. Couldn’t hurt.

Ohm out the extension harness too. if your like me and ordered one made of chineesium off the jungle site, the wires they use in them are tiny and aren't that great. Knock on wood mine is still holding up, but that's not to say the next time I touch it, it might go fubar!

I will clean those tomorrow, I have 2 harnesses set up on 2 pmd’s in bumper. I will try that , as it cant hurt . I found chafing to heater control and radio in dash. I still have no dash lights. I cleaned all the contacts in there. I often think the conductor tape contacts may not all be touching. I think that I am close as the glows stay on for 10 seconds on first cycle. I need to watch videos of power probe operations, particularly the short circuit sniffer. Power door locks are working now, Instrument panel lights power seats, compass and right green arrow in instrument panel are all that don’t work. I figure multiple things are and have been causing issue.

Back