• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pcm or ecm trouble on 98 6.5l 3500hd

is there somebody who can gave me the wirering diagram for the pcm on a 98 3500hd i found that there is a brown with a white stripe was cut from the harness its in the midle plug on the b side and they run another wire going under the dash above clutch in the gray box they must a bypass that brown wire but the gm mech unhook that wire so i dont know where it was plug to a ground or 12v suply but they did put a fuse on the end of the wire going to the gray bax above the cluch so i m assuming a 12v suply and he also unhook it on the pcm harness so my high idle problem must be there i just supose but that white wire a the place of the brown eireand in to the gray bax again to ground or 12v suply if i m right about that wire i think it s the brake signal

yesh i did look at your installation but i guess somebody cut a wire in the harness for some reason i m gone a have to figure where it was hook and the purpose of it it s a brown with a white stripe

it was cut before the dealer no to factry i try the high idle work with brown wire back in place but as soon i pull my pto lever it will kill the high idle so i put back the white wire going under the dash i found out when i plug it in the gray box above the clutch pedal to the pin related to ground abs it s working perfect

That is a 4.63 ratio, not sure if my ECM would work. Mine is out of a C&C 3500 with 5 speed and 4.10 ratio.

Maybe someone who knows better can tell us for sure. The VSSB (VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR BUFFER) can be adjusted to compensate for gearing changes
Would your computer fit a 97 6.5 diesel auto crew cab auto dullie if so how much n could u call me or text 814 592 3909

Back