• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pcm or ecm trouble on 98 6.5l 3500hd

I'm pretty sure an ECM tuned for the NV 4500 5 spd transmission would work with any rear end ratio, the vssb would just have to be adjusted to make the speedo work right. I'm just waiting for confirmation. Here is a link to calibrate the vssb: http://www.tbichips.com/drac/

yes the link refer 91 to 95 mine is a 98 but even is the speedo read a little different i can live with that as long the rest work fine

as for the high idle is it right b7 and b8 hook on one side of the switch and the other side of the switch ground to chassi

a guy is selling some ecm on e bay he mention this
IMPORTANT #1: This ECM requires factory programming for your VIN. What does this mean and why is this necessary? This does not just mean a 17-digit VIN is "burned into the ECM". The entire flash memory is erased and rewritten with the correct GM program for your vehicle (AND the VIN is changed to match yours). That's why you can't just install any used ECM with matching service number; it may not work correctly or at all. The problem is not just "the VIN" but the entire program has to exactly match all your vehicle specs -- engine, trans, axle/tires, fuel system, security system, emissions, many other options, etc. The VIN only serves as a pointer to download the entire correct program from GM database to your ECM.

ok i think i gone a go this way for ecm now can someone tell me if the hight idle is set right on my truck or if i should run 2 switch

ok auto parts can order them but they dont want to order it cause it s comming program all the same they dont ask for your vin and they are to scare that it wont work so i m i cause the one i have right now from another truck does work but with a lot of code showing(check engine light) now what

he has a true HD with the dana 80 with 4.63 gears as found above.

the closest I have is a 96 K2500(HD) 6.5L 5spd 4wd with 3.73s.

maybe check with the dealer, it may be cheaper than oyu think, but I doubt it. keep combing ebay.

check over at 3500HD.com they arent linked to this forum, but we all get along well and exchange members (and I am registered on both! :) ) they cater specifically to the big HD.

good luck!

well i explain my problem to another gm dealer he said that he can program one for sure a new one is 310 unprogram and he figure 3 to 5 h of labour he ca take me somewhere next week to bad my high idle didnt want to work in the mean time it s funny that it s dosnt work

excellent link Leo!

dakota89, this link that Leo just posted is probably your best bet. rather than shuck out similar $ for a stocker from GM, just buy Heath's and pay the core deposit and plan on not getting the core fee back. probably the same money in the end, and heath has good customer service and could likely tweak settings in the future.

The one from the dealer would probably be as much or more than heaths with the core deposit. 3-5 hrs isn't cheap.

They stealer probably will charge for their incompetence, too.

The time they use to tinker because they hardly do anything for this type truck.

yeah sound verry nice but i have an apointment friday at the dealer i will see what they can do but if they dont fix it i m goin for one like that for sure to bad i m in such a hurry to fix it i would a go that way for sur specially the extra hp

anyway i will let you know friday for sure what they have done right now i m running with a ecm from a 97 3/4 ton 4x4 auto but i can feel the power is not the same it was and harder on fuel and cant do the high idle anymore with that ecm they gone a ty to program the one i m running right now but they did order a virgin new one in case they cant the new one virgin is 387 plus tax not install

ok went to gm dealer today at 8am they installe the new pcm program it it was doing the same as my original one giving code like fuel pump timing and 2 othe code just like my original one so he did install the one i had from my salvage truck and those codes disepear and the truck was running smooth so he try again the new pcm try to time the pump nothing work at 4-30 ready to close the shop he told me he would install the one i had when i went there the one for the 3/4 ton and told me that the new pcm is no good he will order another new one and call me back next week so i spend all day at the gm dealer for nothing exept watching the mechanic scratch his head now what i dont know what to do help please

Back