• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

motors motors motors

If you dont mind me asking, what did it run ya? I'm getting rdy to start building a 6.2/6.5 hybrid for my truck soon and an upgradedcame sounds interesting if it works as said
Call Bill and get the quote and full details. The marketing name for them is "Tork-Thrust" and they come in two forms right now, T-T #3 is the Performance unit and T-T#4 is the Towing one.
The cams come in kit form and is supplied with valve springs engineered specifically for its unique lobe profiles.
To take full advantage of the "Tork-Thrust" Cams, you do need to factor in a "cam specific tune." I know that if you're Heath tune is recent (w/in one year) the cost is reduced to about $75.
It makes the engine a more efficient air pump and utilizer (is that a word?) of fuel. Imagine walking into the throttle at 70mph in your OEM turbo equipped truck and it pulls hard and continues to do so up through 100mph...such was my conversation with Bill yesterday as I ordered mine.

I wonder how the set up would be with a non-stock turbo? I mean an HX series (or knock off) will hands down out flow the oem, translated into a more efficient air pump and now add this new cam? So many questions...

He's always working with something new so give him a call and bounce the ideas around. Never know what will shake loose.

When I was talking with them about the towing cam the hx35 was brought up that it would be a good match

Imagine walking into the throttle at 70mph in your OEM turbo equipped truck and it pulls hard and continues to do so up through 100mph...such was my conversation with Bill yesterday as I ordered mine.[/QUOTE]

Just as Paveltoz stated above. I rode in Joe's, Bill's son, green 3/4 ton ex-cab 4x4 log box, with Bill driving when this happened. The engine had about 100 miles on it and with the computer cutting the fuel down to 70% Bill walked into the throttle after the torque convertor locked up and the "pushing you back in the seat" was an amazing feeling. At about the 100 mark, and that happened very fast he let out of it. I will see about another ride this coming week now that the engine has been broken in. Bill didn't have this particular cam made yet when his engine was rebuilt to go in his red 3/4 ton ex-cab 4x4 short box. When he drove Joe's truck last week and then got in his red truck he kept trying to release the parking brake, because his engine, which he was very happy with, is now a dog!!

These new cams will also increase the mileage!

I will have the towing cam in both of my 6.2 engines. One with a mechanical pump, to go in my 81 Chevy reg cab, short box, 2 wheel drive, A833 3 speed with overdrive, and 3:08 gears, and the other one electronic going in my 98 1 ton, 4x4, ex-cab dually, with 4:10 gears, and 265x19.5 tires The 98 will still be using the WMI and propane.

This is sounding really promising. I would imagine it would work well with the cko hx40 I'm going to be installing soon.

Joe is talking about adding the HX 40 on his green truck.

The reason for naming the color of the truck is simple, in case anyone is interested. Joe has a green 3/4 ton, Bill has a red 3/4 ton, Bill has a green 1 ton, Bill has a white 1/2 ton (go fast gas motor). Todd has a blue 3/4 ton, Todd has a white 1/2 ton. Paveloz has a white 1/2 ton and I have a green 1 ton. Rod has a blue 3/4 ton. And sometimes all the trucks are there, as well as others. an impressive site!

Todd will have the tork cam in his new engine, in the next couple of weeks, in his blue truck.

Joe is talking about adding the HX 40 on his green truck.

The reason for naming the color of the truck is simple, in case anyone is interested. Joe has a green 3/4 ton, Bill has a red 3/4 ton, Bill has a green 1 ton, Bill has a white 1/2 ton (go fast gas motor). Todd has a blue 3/4 ton, Todd has a white 1/2 ton. Paveloz has a white 1/2 ton and I have a green 1 ton. Rod has a blue 3/4 ton. And sometimes all the trucks are there, as well as others. an impressive site!

Todd will have the tork cam in his new engine, in the next couple of weeks, in his blue truck.
Then there's the Bill's bronze 1/2 ton land speeder....

Typical Day at Bill Heath's
IMG_0920sm.jpg

Left to Right
Todd's Blue 3/4, Joe's 3/4 ext cab, Rod's blue 3/4 ton, my 1/2 ton, Bill's Red 3/4 ton, Bill's 1/2 ton LSR, Bill's 1 ton. Ted's 1 ton is parked forward of Bill's one ton. Todd's white 1/2 ton is parked to the left out of frame an Bill's go fast quarter mile gasser is parked behind from where I took the picture.

Back to your regular thread discussion of motors.

Cat out of the bag: I'm buying Ted's Diesel Depot motor and Todd is resurrecting it with ARP studs, the Tork-Thrust #3, fluid dampner, all my upgrades are coming off the current 141 block to get it complete (Cooling Kit, TM, Oil Cooler, Cables, Starter etc), Re-Tuning my ECM to the Max E Tork P3, rebuilding Injectors to HO nozzles. May go with upgraded rod bushings and if $ permit, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers. We'll see if I have a job lined up first or if I'll have to save a few $$ back from each pension check.

Can't wait for the break in to be complete and to experience the full throttle up shifts at 4500rpm...

With Regard To my post:
Cat out of the bag: I'm buying Ted's Diesel Depot motor and Todd is resurrecting it with ARP studs, the Tork-Thrust #3, fluid dampner, all my upgrades are coming off the current 141 block to get it complete (Cooling Kit, TM, Oil Cooler, Cables, Starter etc), Re-Tuning my ECM to the Max E Tork P3, rebuilding Injectors to HO nozzles. May go with upgraded rod bushings and if $ permit, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers. We'll see if I have a job lined up first or if I'll have to save a few $$ back from each pension check.
Can't wait for the break in to be complete and to experience the full throttle up shifts at 4500rpm...

...I'll start another thread to discuss this motor build as to do so here would be, in my opinion, a highjack of Red's motor build thread.

Sorry Red, Hopefully this will keep this thread more on track to what you're doing rather than side tracking it from issues that are actually connected to what you're doing with your great motor build.
Paul

haha its all good, keeps the conversations going. my build is on pause until my parts for the bottom end arrive and I get some more money, just paid for the big cost items in this build so wallets hurting haha. Waiting for the studs to arrive for the mains then I'll build the girdle and reinstall the oil pan. Next paycheck will go towards the front of the engine with the timing chain or a gear set. Fluid damper will be installed as well. Got a call from Haliburton, once the backround check and my physical are completed I'll start working around March 19th!

I was always curious what a cam would do to the 6.2/6.5's for power. Extra fuel economy would certainly be a plus. If my truck can get into the upper teens I'd be amazed, filled up 1 tank yesterday and i'm getting 7 with around town driving.

Does anyone know if there is a benefit to running the timing gear drive set or is sticking with a double roller timing chain the better option? I already have the fluid damper en-route which will help keep the crank in once piece with reducing the amount of harmonics.

I be willing to bet that the HX 35 is a little better than the GM but not by much. I think they said the gm was 10 cm housing and the Hx was 12 cm, to small to do much work with. You may want to reconsider the use of the HX 35. This is just my humble opinion though.

Got a call from Haliburton, once the backround check and my physical are completed I'll start working around March 19th!
Good for you. I've got so many resume's out right now with jobs from Afghanistan to Australia that I can't remembe which one is which. Congratulations to you though...just continue to keep your fingers attached will ya.

Good for you. I've got so many resume's out right now with jobs from Afghanistan to Australia that I can't remembe which one is which. Congratulations to you though...just continue to keep your fingers attached will ya.

Thank you. Could apply with the oil service companies (Haliburton, Schlumberger, etc...) they are in desperate need of people and the pay is very good. In Utah they have work out near Vernal.

All these power upgrades reminds me I need to take the truck to a dyno sometime to figure out how much its making with the big block.

Not sure about a "Cam Card" (I admit that I don't know what a Cam Card is...which proves why I shouldn't be trying to assemble a motor without adult supervision) but Re-Tunes over a year, depending on how much over a year, could run up to $250. Still better than a "New Tune" which are $495.
Email to me from Bill, "Heath will update current Max E Tork PCM or PROM programming at a cost of $75 - $250 depending on age of current program."

Back