• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Compression 6.2

Got it all done. Small precups,2000 psi injectors,GM4,and Victor Reinze 4021 gaskets. Sounds like a lame combination ,but its not. Not feeling any boost wall with the small precups. Got the wastegate opening at 15 psi,but will go over 20 psi at full throttle. So far no bubbles in the overflow:thumbsup: I lowered the injector pop psi because it wouldn't start hot,seems ok now.

Because I'm tired of blown up motors. This is # 5 for the Tahoe.

If I had one I'd try it. I would like to rebuild one of my HX 35's or get a new cartridge or wheel for my HX 40. I also have a Banks turbo from a 6.9 to try. But for now the GM turbo is working ok.

Installed the Banks 6.9 turbo. 30 psi boost and great top end power,sure is laggy and hard to light though. Since I have na precups,power under the turbo is still pretty good .

It has a small compressor,and a tight 11 blade turbine with 1.00 ar housing. I didn't measure anything. My only powerband is 3-4k,the rest of the time its just lagging or half lit. Be a good turbo for max power on the dyno.

So this turbo isn't exactly performing how you thought? I know I expected it to spool a bit faster than what you're saying.

At 2300 rpms it will make 15 -18 psi,but don't light till later. I just rebuilt a hybrid HX35/40 with a 16cm housing and installed it. Spools up around 1800 rpms,but it will overboost .

At 2300 rpms it will make 15 -18 psi,but don't light till later. I just rebuilt a hybrid HX35/40 with a 16cm housing and installed it. Spools up around 1800 rpms,but it will overboost .

You say a hybrid, what side is what size and what blades did you use.... 35 hot side or cold..... how much fuel are you pushing??

I know my so called hybrid will boost really quick and hold it, I don't have any trouble with boost creep but I use a Holset actuator instead of a spring type TM...

I started with parts that I had lying around. Hx 40 6 blade compressor wheel,and HX35 turbine,and 16cm non wastegated exhaust housing. It made 38 psi boost. Don't know how much fuel I have.

HX35/40 is a wicked combo, I have the 12 cm housing and can hit 20 psi no problem, have to keep my foot out of it until I add some beads to my piping.

I liked the turbo,but the turbine side oil seal broke. The bearing housing was badly worn. Curently running an old H1C with a small inducer. Suprisingly the exhaust is super loud now,because the small compressor wheel doesn't drive hard like the HX40 wheel.

Back