• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Compression 6.2

I figured one point from the gaskets,and one more from the chambered heads. I did get a little carried away with heads. :eek: It still has the stock cam.

Took it for a test drive. Stock turned up .29 plunger,and hx 52. Max boost was 25 psi with no wastegate. Can't get it to light.

Just trying some different combinations,to see what works together. Looks like my custom precups are not.

Lots of black smoke,and no power. I might try more fuel and see if it lights. Already tried retarding the timing,didn't help.

Yes they couldn't be any bigger. It ran great on the engine stand,but put a load on it and there is nothing but black smoke .

I read some threads on a 7.3 Idi forum and they found out that making the precups bigger etc ruined everything about the engine, or maybe that was on here or both, lol.

It ran real nice on the stand,but with a load it has nothing. Converter stall speed dropped from 2100-1500 rpms.

Missy Good Wench said it best "the results would likely be poor" if the port is eliminated completely .

The precup port. I swapped the modified cups for diamond cups. It runs much better,and smokes less. I expected it to loose low end power,but ironically that's only power it has. Injector pump won't hot start,without a good douse of cold water. Side affect of high pop injectors,pump must be in excellent condition.

Diamonds have about .060 wider port,and thinner inside wall. Can't tell what they are doing,since the pump I'm running is bad . It's so dead it feels like a clogged cat,maybe that's normal with unmodded pumps.

Put my old .310 plunger pump back on,turned back 1/4 turn,and stock governor. Need to tune it down some more,it runs a little to good now. Low end power is gone,just like with the t cups.

I'm worried that my oil cooler is clogged,can barely make 60 psi hot or cold. Swapped in the high volume pump,no change. I need to check it with a mechanical gauge.

Currently running with no oil cooler,and no oil filter bypass. When cold it peaks at 90 psi. When the oil is 160 degrees it idles at 50 psi,and peaks at 70 psi with rpms. Oil cooler was a problem from day one.

Currently running with no oil cooler,and no oil filter bypass. When cold it peaks at 90 psi. When the oil is 160 degrees it idles at 50 psi,and peaks at 70 psi with rpms. Oil cooler was a problem from day one.

To me, this means the oil pump isn't supplying enough volume, a plugged oil cooler should raise oil pressure, not lower it.

Back