• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Compression 6.2

I put the stock cam back in ,used a magnet and a screwdriver for the lifters. Took it on a test drive,seems to have lost lots of power,but pretty sure I broke the input shaft on the tranny. Tremendous bang ,and still have line psi. Doesn't grind when put in park,but park holds. I find it amazing that a 8.5 10 bolt is stronger than a 4l80-e.

Cumminsfevers 10 bolt held 500 hp for a long time and still runs fine and gets abused every time it gets run! Thats behind a manual trans that has gotten boost launched more times than we care to remember.

Well that didn't last long. Spun the mains bearings. Rods are still nice and straight.

Happened at 4000 rpms. Don't know why. Still the same injector pump.

Got two more motors today a 506,and 660,and will be getting another 660 tomorrow. The 506 has spun mains,that happened after a rebuild.

Very impressed with my latest find,a 660 bored.05 mm,and balanced. Looks like new inside. Going to detune this one,getting tired of building and replacing motors. Going to start with a HX 35 and a turned up stock pump,stock rpms too. Boost maybe 20-30 psi.

Very true. I have an S10,and was going to put a sbc in it,might have to go with a 6.5. I also want to experiment with cams,and cam timing. The one that I tried was a bit much for a daily driver.

I have 12 and 16,housings and also a 6 blade hx 40 compressor wheel to play with. Probably start with the 12 cm housing and internal and external gate.

Had my new 6.2 running on the test stand. Snappiest 6.2 I ever heard,and idles clean.

I was running it without a turbo. Cranking psi was 300 with stock gaskets,and chambered heads. Going to put .010 gaskets in and hope for about 280 psi. I didn't want to shave the pistons,they are balanced .

Got the .010 gaskets on, down to 280 cranking psi now. I would gues it to be 19.5-1 .

Back