• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at an 07 LBZ

I could not be more pleased with my LBZ. I'm a couple of days from 155k and all I've HAD to do is 1 trans line at 82k, 1 idler arm at 145k, and 1 front hub at about 90k. There are certainly some maintenance items I've done that lead to such longevity but all in all I have no complaints for this many miles. I plan to go for 300k. Time will tell...

I could not be more pleased with my LBZ. I'm a couple of days from 155k and all I've HAD to do is 1 trans line at 82k, 1 idler arm at 145k, and 1 front hub at about 90k. There are certainly some maintenance items I've done that lead to such longevity but all in all I have no complaints for this many miles. I plan to go for 300k. Time will tell...

Mike, you are such a show off.;) I only hope that mine does as well as yours at that mileage.:hihi:

One other thing I forgot to mention is my continued surprise at how fast this truck is when I need it. I normally drive pretty much like an old man but every now and then I need to mash the long pedal on the right and, wow! these things will set you back in the seat like a fast sports car. I can't wait until I get a big bore, free flowing exhaust. The d-maxs sound just as good as the 6.5. My 6.5 has a totally open exhaust - no kitty or muffler and that thing sounds really sweet - I get more compliments on the sounds of that exhaust than anything else...and it doesn't drone in the cab at all.

I made the mistake of going to Savannah last weekend (didn't know anybody celebrated St. Patrick's Day :( ). anyway I headed downtown on Thurs.... before I realized there were an additional 200-400k people there. I got in a spot where I had to make an illegal U - more like a 7 point turn with this truck, and out of my frustration kind of goosed it a little bit when I finally got straightened out and laid down a pair of black marks about ten feet long lol - and you know how a 7k pound truck sounds when the rears are spinning.... that deep, throaty rubber spinning on pavement sound...not that little squeak, squeak that a rice rocket makes. lol anyway, there were a lot of friggin people walking on both sides of the road - needless to say, all eyes were on me.....and fortunately there was no Five-O around. My wife sitting next to me saying "Good Lord, you're going to get a ticket!"

and you know how a 7k pound truck sounds when the rears are spinning.... that deep, throaty rubber spinning on pavement sound...not that little squeak, squeak that a rice rocket makes. lol anyway, there were a lot of friggin people walking on both sides of the road - needless to say, all eyes were on me.....and fortunately there was no Five-O around. My wife sitting next to me saying "Good Lord, you're going to get a ticket!"

Yeah, I have an idea of how it sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6atnUMuwuE

I think Savannah has the largest St Paddy's day celebration in the US. Anyway glad to hear you are really enjoying your LBZ Truck!!

Hey Marauderer, I just realized looking at your sig, I drove right through your neck of the woods a year ago. Was delivering a Case skid steer to Haney Tractor in Rockmart - and brought back a Case Tractor. I think I took 285 to 278/6 IIRC

It's a small world!

x2, absolutely. The only thing I ever remember an issue with was a batch of early LBZs that needed a reflash for the glow plugs. Remember how early ones broke glow plug tips off? I love love love my LBZ, the wrapper is disappointing me more and more. :(

Odlaw, It's good to hear you are enjoying your truck. Congrats on the mileage, on one 90-some-odd-mile stretch I eeked out 25.92 MPG.

By the time i need to replace my 04, it will probably be with a 2011.

You gonna trade up, or keep thr current wrapper? Too bad these trucks were not available as a glider kit?? :)

I will probably keep this for quite some time. As far as wrappers go, my ideal GM Truck is a GMT-400, the ECs & CCs are WAY more comfortable to me. I feel cramped in my 07...sucks. If I could build it, I'd put my LBZ in a 2000 GMC CC/LB 3500 and likely ditch the Ally for a ZF-6. I love the Ally but I like a clutch more.

When I buy another LBZ it'll probably be graystone.. I love it also.

I hope soon enough to have a "fun" duramax. I will say, I do miss the power of the lbz. The throttle mapping on this LML is so bad I want to chip it right now.

And you won't because of warranty??

Warranty, resale, and federal law is why I would not... Unless he found another LBZ.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

And you won't because of warranty??

Pretty much yes. With this being a new platform I'm afraid in a sense, but yet I feel the motor is built to last [like a lbz]. I will probably have mine chipped and emissions delete exhaust on by the mid summer.

Pretty much yes. With this being a new platform I'm afraid in a sense, but yet I feel the motor is built to last [like a lbz]. I will probably have mine chipped and emissions delete exhaust on by the mid summer.

No e-tests in your state??

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

Back