• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at an 07 LBZ

OK, removed the cluster and hand cleaned each pin with a q-tip and contact cleaner. Sprayed out the connector. MIL still lit.

Can any of you guys point me to a schematic for the MIL?

Thanks again.
Smitty

I just had another thought, it appears that I might have two problems. The first time oreilly's read the code it didn't give a Pxxxx number just verbage referring to loose/faulty connection (or something like that). After I found the bale connector (which I noticed while cleaning, it was not the whole plug that was at an angle just the blue clip that holds pressure against the wires/seals - so I don't know if that was a problem or not). After I fixed that the light went out for about ten minutes so I went back to oreilly's and that's when they read the PO650 code. Maybe the first error was referring to the connection of their analyzer??

Oh, and I just found this from a GM service bulletin
"ECM replacement is not suggested for P0650 set by itself. ECMs returned and inspected by engineering have been found no trouble found. Most P0650 codes have been repaired by either a wiring or IPC repair."

What's a IPC repair?

Last edited:
Here is the AllData info:

Attachments

• ACE - 1.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 24
Make sure all the obvious stuff has been checked like the battery terminals and ground cables. Loose contacts cause all kinds of weird unexplainable things to happen.

Also check the ECM wire harnesses wheere they connect to the ECM itself- they have been known to rub against the fender liner and through the wire insulation.

OK - I got the code cleared this AM and drove it From Starke to Macclenny (about 40 miles). No more MIL

yee haw!

Don't know if I mentioned it in my post from last night (I was very tired) but when I pulled out the cluster the plugs on the back of it were not even snapped in. Cleaned everything and put her back together.

I also had a code This am) for the glow plug control - I think that was caused by me having dissconnected everything to clean. Neither has come back.

Oh well, code free for now.

Thanks guys

Smitty

Glad she's working for you...:thumbsup:

now go pee in TurbineDoc's cheerios and change your avatar to the new DMax):h

Let me know when you're ready. Have EFILIVE sitting here, and I've been waiting to play with a LBZ:devil:.

lol

BTW I put some pix in my album - not the greatest, been raining just about every evening when I get in.

I plugged the resonator/silencer - came up with what I thought was a great added safety net to the expansion plug. Pix of it also.

Oh yeah, I also cut out (what appeared to be) Chevrolet's version of the Tornado Fuel Saver in the air inlet. ):h I always wondered why the Banks advertisement showed the biggest airflow gains on a duramax over PS and Cummins.

Oh yeah, I also cut out (what appeared to be) Chevrolet's version of the Tornado Fuel Saver in the air inlet. ):h I always wondered why the Banks advertisement showed the biggest airflow gains on a duramax over PS and Cummins.

That is also part of PPE's air box mod that is good up to 500 hp as they say.

It has been a while (since July 10) any updates to your truck??

No major updates - still really enjoying it. Getting solid 18.5-19.5 mpg to and from work. Put it on the highway last week for my first ever long trip. Logged right at 1k miles. Hit 22mpg on one tank on the interstate running the speed limit. Averaged over the entire trip 20.7 mpg. Running a Diablo Predator on +85. I already knew how well these trucks tote a load but I'm still impressed every time I hook to something heavy. Hauled several loads of round bales from Dec. thru Feb. a tad over 13k #'s - other than the trip I blew a wheel seal on the brake axle, the load felt really light.....and even with the no brakes trip, the allison did an excellent job of breaking.

Have been a little disappointed with the truck dealer I bought it from - not surprising, but they did not service the truck like they swear they do each and every truck they sell. Had the truck at the dealer getting a front axle seal changed under warranty, and then a rear axle seal about 2 months later (what is up with the axle seals on these trucks?) anyway, dealer said both front and rear diffs looked original and needed to be serviced....and they would gladly do it for around $200.00. Told em no thanks and stopped by Oreillys on the way home and picked up $70.00 worth of synthetic diff oil. Dealer was correct, old oil was filthy! Decided to change the tranny fluid (since I picked up a half dozen Allison filters from a local Ally shop for $7.00 ea) - the tranny fluid was filthy and the filter was horrible looking - thank God they have a doughnut magnet in them - it was covered in gray powder.

As summer approaches hopefully tractor work will pick up (mowing and clearing) - I plan to take a little of that "folding money" and put a big exhaust on it and eliminate the kitty with a finger stick or some type of fooler.

Good numbers.. I sure do miss the mileage of my LBZ.

When funds are available, I will buy another LBZ to "play" with.

Good numbers.. I sure do miss the mileage of my LBZ.

When funds are available, I will buy another LBZ to "play" with.

I would love a LBZ to commute with. That is better than my 5.3L gets.

Any common things to look for with LBZ?? Any shared problems with previous gen Dmax's?

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

I would love a LBZ to commute with. That is better than my 5.3L gets.

Any common things to look for with LBZ?? Any shared problems with previous gen Dmax's?

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

Over the obvious things of a truck, nothing really pops out with the LBZ. It's a excellent motor!

I bought my 07 with 34K mi on it and all I have needed to do to it is replace the trans cooler lines and the power steering line from the hydro booster down to the steering box. Same problem, bad crimps. Everthing else I have done just for me.

Over the obvious things of a truck, nothing really pops out with the LBZ. It's a excellent motor!

x2, absolutely. The only thing I ever remember an issue with was a batch of early LBZs that needed a reflash for the glow plugs. Remember how early ones broke glow plug tips off? I love love love my LBZ, the wrapper is disappointing me more and more. :(

Odlaw, It's good to hear you are enjoying your truck. Congrats on the mileage, on one 90-some-odd-mile stretch I eeked out 25.92 MPG.

x2, absolutely. The only thing I ever remember an issue with was a batch of early LBZs that needed a reflash for the glow plugs. Remember how early ones broke glow plug tips off? I love love love my LBZ, the wrapper is disappointing me more and more. :(

Odlaw, It's good to hear you are enjoying your truck. Congrats on the mileage, on one 90-some-odd-mile stretch I eeked out 25.92 MPG.

By the time i need to replace my 04, it will probably be with a 2011.

You gonna trade up, or keep thr current wrapper? Too bad these trucks were not available as a glider kit?? :)

Back