• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

Hopefully someone will make a turbomaster for this turbo, i want to buy this turbo but have to figure out how to get the psi down to like 10

Hopefully someone will make a turbomaster for this turbo, i want to buy this turbo but have to figure out how to get the psi down to like 10

You could open up the actuator can and find a lighter spring that will fit. Or put a GMX actuator on it and hook it up in the stock way. Or find another actuator on ebay to adapt. Or if you want a simple back pressure blow off thing like a turbo master, just make one, threaded rod couple jam nuts washers spring, some experimenting to get the right spring tension.

You could open up the actuator can and find a lighter spring that will fit. Or put a GMX actuator on it and hook it up in the stock way. Or find another actuator on ebay to adapt. Or if you want a simple back pressure blow off thing like a turbo master, just make one, threaded rod couple jam nuts washers spring, some experimenting to get the right spring tension.

Im working on something as we speak

:???: why buy a turbo that boosts to high for what you want? this turbo is not really one to try to keep below 15psi.... has no one posted a turbo map yet? if you want a turbo that will stay below 15 psi you might be better off using an hx-35 and waste gating it at 15psi....

Not to mention that it is far more efficient and produces a lot less drive pressures than what our .5's are used to enduring. With the ratios closer to 1:1, there really isn't going to be a huge concern over higher boost numbers.

Not to mention that it is far more efficient and produces a lot less drive pressures than what our .5's are used to enduring. With the ratios closer to 1:1, there really isn't going to be a huge concern over higher boost numbers.

What turbo are we talking about here with drive pressures close to 1:1? Are there drive pressure numbers out for the HX knock offs or the the true HX on our motors? Please post if there is or let me know where to find them?

Why wouldn't it (turbo) be worth bothering with at boost levels less than 15 psi? Does it (turbo) get more efficient at higher boost levels? Does someone have a turbo to donate to let me use I will put one on my truck and get some back pressure numbers for you guys so that we can compare. Got roller time coming so that would be a good comparison as well.

A member over at the "Place" has posted some drive pressure numbers of the intermediate sized Chines HX 40.. Being 1:1 all the way up to 18psi and between 1.15 - 1.25 at 20psi boost, which isn't too bad at all.

:???: why buy a turbo that boosts to high for what you want? this turbo is not really one to try to keep below 15psi.... has no one posted a turbo map yet? if you want a turbo that will stay below 15 psi you might be better off using an hx-35 and waste gating it at 15psi....
Hummm. Maybe, for snappy response, good drive-ability and mileage the HX-35 with retaining the factory control scheme (yea, gasp) might work out nicely, bonus being more power and lower EGT's while doing it than the GMx's. Just wondering out loud. A little black box between the boost sensor and PCM that re-curved its response and Bob's your uncle.

i wonder how a turbo with a 16cm2 housing can get better drive pressure numbers than a H1C with a 18cm2 non-gated housing?

There is much more to turbos than just housing sizes and wheel sizes.... Better flowing wheels that drive easier and flow better.;)
The hx series turbo has much better than technology than the H1c turbos! As in the wheels and housings flow much better .

Hummm. Maybe, for snappy response, good drive-ability and mileage the HX-35 with retaining the factory control scheme (yea, gasp) might work out nicely, bonus being more power and lower EGT's while doing it than the GMx's. Just wondering out loud. A little black box between the boost sensor and PCM that re-curved its response and Bob's your uncle.

over at the DPage, they have been using the 35 before many of the members have been out of diapers...:hihi:.... it falls right in the middle of the map for the 6.5l = 70-80 percent efficiency..... the people that say the 35 is too small are mis-informed... sure it has more drive pressure, but it boosts as quick as the gm-8 and is miles past it.... and is good up til 3000 rpm's, then starts to fall off, but at 3800-4000rpms it is still over 65 percent....

There is much more to turbos than just housing sizes and wheel sizes.... Better flowing wheels that drive easier and flow better.;)
The hx series turbo has much better than technology than the H1c turbos! As in the wheels and housings flow much better .

do tell, share your info on turbos.... the wheels in our H1c are identical to the mid size CKO-40... and the housing is bigger, i find the reality is hard to deny.... even if the technology is better, how can a smaller housing flow better than a much bigger housing?

do tell, share your info on turbos.... the wheels in our H1c are identical to the mid size CKO-40... and the housing is bigger, i find the reality is hard to deny.... even if the technology is better, how can a smaller housing flow better than a much bigger housing?
Reread post 313...;)
Better flowing wheels.... huge key to lower drive ratios and more airflow.

The Hx series housings are shaped differently than the h1c housings and the wheels are shaped slightly differently ...
In answer to your question is NO . Maybe you read wrong...

Back