• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

what do you do with the old vaccum lines and vaccum selonide that was connected to the old turbo do you just unhook the lines and remove them or remove the vaccum pump. Thanks I love this site !

You can do whatever you want with them at that point lol But if u dont have a flashed ecm u have to leave the solenoid in place

Did you get a different turbo? If you did remove the vac pump and the lines, you will need a shorter belt.

I removed my vac pump long ago, 3 bolts hold IIRC. After it was off i got a new belt 1in shorter than original. Might need a different length depending on year and what not.

About 1000 miles on it to report. Still very pleased with the conversion! :) The one nit pick is that I would like to be able to lower the max boost a little bit more, but have run out of adjustment on the stock/provided rod. The Isspro gauge maxs at 15 PSI and so I throttle limit it to stay in that range. I might just get a higher limit boost gauge. FWIW very very rarely do I get on it hard anyway, but now I am limited still to half throttle. This turbo would be deadly if I could get a full WOT on it! :)
I am corn fused :???: Do you mean this turbo does not have enough waste gate area?

The wastegate is fine... I just cannot lengthen the stock rod long enough to get the wastegate dump PSI down any further.

OK, I'll bite, how do you get multiple quotes into one post??
What Leo said
To the right of the "Reply With Quote" at the bottom of a post is an icon. Click it on all the posts you want to include then click the reply with quote on one of them.

That is cool, Ive been doing it the hard way. Learned something new today and its only 8:00am!!

OK, I'll bite, how do you get multiple quotes into one post??

To the right of the "Reply With Quote" at the bottom of a post is an icon. Click it on all the posts you want to include then click the reply with quote on one of them.

Ah ha! Like this! Thanks a lot. See, old dogs CAN be taught new tricks :hihi:! Thanks a bunch, NVW!

What Leo said

That is cool, Ive been doing it the hard way. Learned something new today and its only 8:00am!!

I just figured it out in the last week or two.:)

Ah ha! Like this! Thanks a lot. See, old dogs CAN be taught new tricks :hihi:! Thanks a bunch, NVW!

This is great, often wondered how guys did this, usually I am trying to figure these complicated things out for so long, the computer logs me out for lack of activity.....damn computer can't smell the rubber burning between my ears...LOL.

I think its a to stiff a spring in the can issue. You really cant adjust it with the rod length. Those are set at 20 psi IIRC.

+1 The only thing a longer rod is going to do is not let the waste gate close.
It is the spring.
How ever many pounds the spring is you can not make it open any lower. If you can get a can with a 8 lb spring you can adjust it up from 8 lbs. All you need is a MBC (manual boost controler). You can mount it to your dash and with just a turn of the knob you can turn the boost up to what ever you want.

These waste gates are actuated by boost not vacuum. Im not following your manual boost controller, care to elaborate?

Sure no problem.

This can explain it better than I can.

[video]http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Hallman-ES-Boost-Controller&source=Youtube-WITB[/video]

With longer hose you can mount it anywere you want. They are real simple to make yourself.
All it has in it is a spring with a ball bearing. The tighter you tighten it down the more pressure it takes to move the ball bearing. Think of it as a pressure regulator.

it still comes down to how much pressure it takes to open the wastegate, those boost controllers only controll how much pressure gets to the waste gate so really the only thing you can do with those boost controllers is raise boost, because limiting the pressure to the wastegate would make it stay closed , i think someone should see if the turbomaster will work on this turbo

Back