• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Pressure Gauge

then if the OPS is redundant for running LP,so whats up with the OPS as safety feature for fuel shut off in case of accident?

Its a backup for some reason, PCM will shut off LP when RPMs go away and OPS will shut off LP when oil pressure goes away. If the LP relay fails, the LP will keep running via the OPS and "prevent PMD failure"

Sorry to go off on a limb here, but is it possible to install a overhead console like up top here in a truck that didnt have one? I have taken one off before and the fron clips in while there is a scre in the back. If i take out my headliner will there be a tab and screw hole there to install? I really want an overhead stock console.....

Sorry to go off on a limb here, but is it possible to install a overhead console like up top here in a truck that didnt have one? I have taken one off before and the fron clips in while there is a scre in the back. If i take out my headliner will there be a tab and screw hole there to install? I really want an overhead stock console.....

Good question!

You have the same interior as my truck, so I do not see why not. Just find a wrecking yard and find one. It may require a couple small mods but, should not be too difficult.

Wish I had my truck close by, I would go see what it takes to get it out.

Next time im at the junkyard i will buy one, a month ago i had one and was about to buy it, but i was thinking it would be a B!TCH to install. In the front the console slides into a "clip" and then you screw down the rear of it and that holds it in place. I just dont want to take my headliner down and find nothing up there. THat would be a PITA.... BTW, cash what r u doing in Germany??

Next time im at the junkyard i will buy one, a month ago i had one and was about to buy it, but i was thinking it would be a B!TCH to install. In the front the console slides into a "clip" and then you screw down the rear of it and that holds it in place. BTW, cash what r u doing in Germany??

I work for Uncle Sam in the Army! I am due to leave in October of this year! :hurray:

Next time im at the junkyard i will buy one, a month ago i had one and was about to buy it, but i was thinking it would be a B!TCH to install. In the front the console slides into a "clip" and then you screw down the rear of it and that holds it in place. I just dont want to take my headliner down and find nothing up there. THat would be a PITA.... BTW, cash what r u doing in Germany??

I want to add the overhead console also. You get used to having all the convenient lights, storage etc., in other vehicles.

Another nice U-Pull-It find is the electrochromatic dimming & compass interior rearview mirror. GM put those in many different vehicles which improves the chances of finding one. My local 'yard charged $6 for the one I found. Kept looking for one that also included outside temp, but no luck.

Another nice U-Pull-It find is the electrochromatic dimming & compass interior rearview mirror. GM put those in many different vehicles which improves the chances of finding one. My local 'yard charged $6 for the one I found. Kept looking for one that also included outside temp, but no luck.

I have a auto dimming mirror!!!! And its installed!!! I LOVE it!!! Im into these new cheap mods, its kinda my thing.....):h

You gotta love the benefits of having a truck model that had a lot of parts commonality for a decade! My truck is far & away the easiest project vehicle I've had as far as finding useful stuff for cheap at the salvage yards.

Next time im at the scrap yard im going to find a truck jsut like mine and take the headliner out of it to see if the mounting hardware is there. I hope it is, installation would be a breeze!!!

I'd like to watch it. Could help fine tune driving habits for maximum efficiency. Or maybe not. My theory is when the filters start to require changing, it will gradually drop from 10-5-0 meaning you will know well before your light turns red. (Which is fine too btw.)

did anyone get the holley 26-503 fuel pressure gauge? just asking because on the Summit website the photo shows 270 sweep but the info below says 90 sweep. Holley website shows gauge #26-503 as 90 sweep in the photo... as does Holley catalog. darn. maybe its only 90 degree.

Matt here's one that doesn't exactly match the truck but the range is perfect for our application. It looks like an aircraft gauge because that's what it came out of. I borrowed this from my RV-4 (kit airplane) since it's been in storage for a while (damn horse hobby, more expensive than airplanes). Gauge range is 0-15 psig and uses a standard Stuart Warner resistive sender. You can get them at Chief Aircraft: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/airsec/Aircraft/EngineInstruments/ISSPRO.html
View attachment 6996
These are made by ISSPRO and are an OEM special for kit planes. You want the one for a carburetor to get the right pressure range. You'll need to get the sender to go with it.
View attachment 6998
You'll be into it about $75 plus shipping. You'll still have to get a tee and some fittings to plumb it up. I just tapped into the bleeder valve line.
View attachment 7000
Try to do something better looking than I did with an inside out rasin bran box (redneck gauge cluster). Kinda has a wood grain look, huh?
View attachment 6999 View attachment 7001
I've been wanting to talk to ISSPRO here in Portland about OEMing a gauge for us in the 6.5TD comunity. Not sure if they'd be interested in a special that would sell less than a hundred units. I like the case they use on their EGTs and boost gauges. It wouldn't take much to put the meter movement in a different standard case that would match what we use already. It would be cool to have 6.5TD FUEL LIFT PRESSURE on the gauge face. Just need to call and talk with them.

Mike
..got a date in Ellensburg tomorrow...

Its a shame because that ISSpro gauge is the best bar far of the 3 cheapies.... Having it fit in a standard pod is just a huge plus...

The others still will show you what you need to know without doubt, but having 0-15 evenly spaced out in 270 sweep is just perfect.

Can be done very easy. I've done several.

On the newer mirror with outside temp, it will work just fine also. "Plug and play." For the temp sensor just get the sensor from the same truck as you get a mirror from. On the 95 up the plug is the same, but you will have to wire in the temp sensor. Keep the connector when you get the new mirror, depin two of the wires and plug them into the old connector. Then wire those into the sensor and your done. You can leave the sensor in the cab if you would rather know cab temps. Thats what I did.

When getting the brass t and barbs at hardware store, should I use teflon tape on the threads or will that react badly to diesel? What recommendations?

I've also noticed you can get better mechanical 270sweep 0-15psi autometer and other gauges (alot nice than the cheapo electrics) with Isolators for about 120 bux or so.

Anyone have any feedback on the downside of using Isolators?

Thanks.

Back