• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally gonna build a new shop

Wearin' them hog sloppin' boots makes you look REAL GOOD there Simon. :thumbsup:

:hihi:

Wearin' them hog sloppin' boots makes you look REAL GOOD there Simon. :thumbsup:

:hihi:

Admit it Mike, you'r jealous.:poke:

i got a pair of gumboots,a pair of insulated winter boots an a pair of cowboy boots, i hate tying laces;)
These things keeps the snakes out too:hihi:

:cuss:well keep that crap up North then...:yuck:

we prefer :sheephump: down south as compared to that sort of thing...:hihi:

Got the wiring in (sorry,all but one pic dissapeared somehow)and finnished installing wall insulation + 75% of the poly today
Will be starting sheeting the cyling tomorow.

Attachments

• electrical shop 001.jpg
    electrical shop 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 14
  • shop insulated 001.jpg
    shop insulated 001.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 10
  • shop insulated 002.jpg
    shop insulated 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10
So are those your guy's version of gasketed electrical boxes? Do you guys use black death to seal your poly (we use Tremco acoustical sealant). What r value ins did you use?

So are those your guy's version of gasketed electrical boxes? Do you guys use black death to seal your poly (we use Tremco acoustical sealant). What r value ins did you use?
Yeah,these cheapy vapor barriers are supposed to seal the boxes,the shit is made for california conditions it seems,i got a couple that cracked allready when installing them :rolleyes5:
I don't know what the poly sealer is called?,its black allright, Bro uses it on his projects so it should be good.
Walls have R20 in it,ceilling gets R50 blown in soon as the sheeting is done.

Its a race against winter now,it was -8 c this morning.:skep:

Jim and Mike,yeh it's starting to shape up realy good.:D

I don't know what the poly sealer is called?,its black allright, Bro uses it on his projects so it should be good.

We call the stuff Elephant Snot. Black Death works, too... all I know is if you get that crap on your clothes, it's on your clothes.

Next year, a paved driveway?

Looking really good, we envy you! We'd like to help finish it, instead, sending good thoughts your way.
Not bloody likely :nonod:,a couple loads of gravel is as good as it gets(this year yet i hope,cause its getting pretty soft with all the moisture this summer and fall.)

Dave,if it eases the pain,the friggin thing is gonna set me back over 100 grand :skep:

The ceiling is finnished,took Brother and me 2 full days and 100 sheets of OSB.
My neck and shoulders are killing me:agreed:

May as well paint it while the shop is still empty :agreed:(neck and shoulders don't agree):nonod:

Attachments

• shop ceiling 001.jpg
    shop ceiling 001.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 4
  • shop ceiling 002.jpg
    shop ceiling 002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 6
Looking Good Simon.

Are you going to have floor sweating issues since you didn't insulate the bottom of the concrete? I know my Grandpa's garage and shop are terrible when it's humid, since it all condenses on the concrete.

We've got over $100k in our shop/shed too, don't feel bad, lol. It's been worth every penny, though.

Looks good Simon.

I'm glad I built mine when I did, things must be a little pricier now. Mine was about $80k but I built my own boiler and helped my brother wire it. No permits saved about $3k too.

Paint likes to separate the surface layer of OSB. Just sayin' so you aren't surprised (pissed) and jump off the scaffold or something...:D

Back