• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed the Beast pics

This lower IP fitting that everyone should drill out the 4 holes on. I took it out and was having a look at it. From what I've seen there is a check ball in there...anyone know what this is for? And has anyone tried not running this fitting at all and just getting the right sized fitting to go in there instead of this stock fitting that seems to be pretty restrictive?
Thanks
That is the Transfer pump pressure relief valve,don't fart with the adjustment screw. The fitting can't be omitted.

Finally got everything drilled ported and ready to go. What was the consensus about the heater coil/spring? Loose it or leave it?

That is the Transfer pump pressure relief valve,don't fart with the adjustment screw. The fitting can't be omitted.

Hey Bison, doesnt that screw affect transfer pump pressure and when spilled fuel pressurizes it that valve is feeding the transfer pump inlet pressurized fuel on its own.

I see it as one of the reasons it can still function with a vacuum on the primary fuel supply inlet (failed LP), recycles some of its own fuel. At low fuel rates there is a lot of spill so more pressure and volume to feed the transfer pump, but high fuel rates has less fuel spill.

Perhpas part of the reason not having good pressure from your LP you can lose power with high RPMs and demand, when it relies more on the LP fuel input. And most LPs can lose like 5psi of fuel pressure from idle to high load.

If you tighten this screw I imagine it increases transfer pump pressure, then feeds itself a little less fuel as fuel demand increases. Increasing transfer pump pressure can increase the amount of fuel that gets metered/injected, but might have other consequences.

Here is the fitting I recommend for the filter manager output to the IP.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GAR-J9043/

It 1/8" NPT to 3/8" hose and just has the one nipple so it doesnt tear into the hose.

So I ordered this part and before it came in; I drilled out, ported, modified, etc all the things needed for FTB. That being said, I made a slight mistake, when I tapped the port for this fitting it some how ended up with course tread. OOPPPPSSSS! There does still seem to be hope though as the hole is still just slightly smaller than the new 1/8" NPT. my thought is to buy the exact thread tap I need. What is it? Or just track down a course thread nipple that fits. Help?

So I ordered this part and before it came in; I drilled out, ported, modified, etc all the things needed for FTB. That being said, I made a slight mistake, when I tapped the port for this fitting it some how ended up with course tread. OOPPPPSSSS! There does still seem to be hope though as the hole is still just slightly smaller than the new 1/8" NPT. my thought is to buy the exact thread tap I need. What is it? Or just track down a course thread nipple that fits. Help?

NPT is one standard threading for a given size, is your tap for a compression fitting or like 2 AN or 1/8" JIC, you can go with the larger 1/4" NPT fitting, the 1/8" one was just more convenient, less metal needed to remove.

So the exact tap needed for that fitting is 1/8" NPT

Back