• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed the Beast pics

buddy

Reaction score
Matt was making me feel bad for being lazy and not getting any pictures up of projects.

I used all 3/8" fuel hose. A 12 micron pre lift pump fuel filter from NAPA that I mounted using a large door hinge and some long bolts through the frame for stability. The Walbro FRB5 is mounted on the transmision mount crossmember, some -6 AN full flow hose connections rather than all barbs. Upgraded the filter manager output to 3/8" barb with an 1/8"NPT fitting. To drill that out I used the press and to debur and finish the very back without drilling into the center shaft (fuel input) I turned the drill bit around where it is flat on the tip and that cleaned up the back of the hole. I raised the filter manager with 10mm rod that I cut up and screwed into existing intake holes. boring the ports on the bottom IP fitting was really tough and took a good amount of time. It is really strong metal and it would turn red and I was using oil to cool it and as to not deform it would have to let it cool down after a few seconds of drilling. The screen on it slides right down off of it for access to the ports. The top IP fitting I had a blue aluminum one and had to be drilled out even though it was -6AN, the bottom was 7/16-20 O-ring and wasnt as big inner diameter as 3/8 or -6AN fittings. I have that gauge down by the lift pump, but that was originally a large full flow -6AN check valve, but it leaked fuel (POS cost $80 too, luckily Summit has good customer service)

FTB FM on press with IP fittings-small.jpgFTB IP bottom fitting with screen-small.JPGFTB IP bottom fitting on press-small.jpgFTB IP bottom fitting enlarged ports-small.JPGFTB IP top fitting on press-small.jpg
FTB IP supply hose with fuel sender-small.jpgFTB FM raised on rods DS-small.jpgFTB FM raised on rods PS-small.jpgFTB FRB5 & PreFilter-small.jpgFTB FRB5 output-small.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. The Walbro and pre-filter are on my to do list. I got the parts but haven't got around to it. Truck runs fine as it is so there's no hurry. Of course when I break down....
I like the in-line gauge...hmm another toy to buy.

Nice Buddy. That camera sure takes some sharp pictures.

I didn't even think about mounting the walbro above the x-member...

Your engine's starting to get cluttered up!

I have a FTB'd with 3/8sure-loc barb awaiting install, but havn't figured out what to do for the sharp 180 curved piece into IP. Drilling that piece out, did you have the drill moving very slowly or quickly? I'll do this next year sometime as now its get ready for snow season....

Everythings lookin pretty good. Guys are gonna pop your hood for your annual inspection (assume Cali has these, I forget) and go WTF????

While its fresh on your mind, Say I want to get that adapter piece to go into the IP with 3/8ths hose barb?

What would that piece be called? I can pop out of the intake valley and drop straight down if thats easier. Don't bother me none.

Matt, It's called a 150. Mr Gasket makes the one I used. I got it at Pep boys IIRC.It's what they call a reusable end but I just left the nut off and used a hose clamp.

Attachments

• DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 157
I have a 150 and a 180 degree elbow that I did not use since I raised my FM, both steel elbows I think, full flow -6AN to 3/8 hose. So you would still use a 7/16-20 O-ring to -6AN fitting in the IP, and use one of these nice looking elbows. steel ones are harder to find, compared to AL.

There are two fittings in the IP, the top one screws into the lower one. The lower one is that thing with the screen that you drill the 4 ports out to like 5/16". Then the 7/16-20 fitting threads into that.

So A "150 degree 7/16-20 Oring to -6AN Fitting"

Then that will screw into factory IP fittings, which one of them I bore out the holes, and the other end will barb onto a 3/8ths fuel hose?

BTW, is that pronounced "minus 6AN" or "negative 6AN Fitting?" or what?

So A "150 degree 7/16-20 Oring to -6AN Fitting"

Then that will screw into factory IP fittings, which one of them I bore out the holes, and the other end will barb onto a 3/8ths fuel hose?

BTW, is that pronounced "minus 6AN" or "negative 6AN Fitting?" or what?

Sorry, my bad, youll need two pieces

1) 7/16-20 O-ring to -6AN fitting adaptor (which needs to be bored out)

2) 150 degree elbow -6AN to 3/8" hose

These are all extra pieces I have, I always buy extra for some reason. If you can't find what you need let me know. You dont need both the 150 and 180, just one or the other. I ended up not needing either becaue my fuel line no longer come up from the valley.

IP fittings-small.jpg
The first one is 150 degrees, then 180 degree elbow, then the 7/16-20 to -6AN, and the last one is a 1/8" MPT to -6AN (which I though about using in the FM, but just went with the 1/8"MPT to 3/8" barb because I didnt have to drill it out) The 180 degree elbow is steel which is much more sturdy.
IP top fitting to -6AN(1)-small.jpg
This is the top IP fitting 7/16-20 to -6AN
IP top fitting to -6AN(3)-small.jpgIP top fitting to -6AN(2)-small.jpg
The 7/16-20 side inner diameter is smaller than the -6AN inner diameter so we drill it out.

Last edited:
Matt PArker Store sells all you need. I can get them in Manchester if you want. Shuld be a PArker store up your way. They have a -6an to oring that fits the IP perfectly and is made of steel. also your old discarded IP inlet fiiting makes for a nice test port fitting on a 3208 Cat. Ask me how I know this....:D
Recycle...Recycle...

Attachments

• test p.jpg
    test p.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 134
If you'd a caught me over the summer I'd do it for you. I'm slammed with maintenence now. Matter of fact I should be otuside right now...

Id love a steel fitting, if you can get them I'd like one. I couldn't find one anywhere, even online. If theres an online store that carries them let me know. Thanks

Matt PArker Store sells all you need. I can get them in Manchester if you want. Shuld be a PArker store up your way. They have a -6an to oring that fits the IP perfectly and is made of steel. also your old discarded IP inlet fiiting makes for a nice test port fitting on a 3208 Cat. Ask me how I know this....:D
Recycle...Recycle...

My parker store didn't carry the 150deg to barb. Got that from Summit.

Id love a steel fitting, if you can get them I'd like one. I couldn't find one anywhere, even online. If theres an online store that carries them let me know. Thanks

I can have what ever you need made at a reasonable price but need to have them made in a batch of at least 50. I need one of the alum ones to have my machinist copy it exactly. They can be made in steel. Let me know I will ask him how much per piece.

Back