• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed The Beast, Part I & Part II Improve fuel to IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russel makes one. That was what I used when I came up with the idea of using a bend rather than just looping the hose. I'm actually gonna do a different version on my Dually. I found even better fittings than I used originally....:D
More to come later. Have some stuff on order.

Buddy (et al): Response to the mod- 2 points I have noticed in the past day. First- I had a bit of fuel knock in one of my new injectors. It's gone! Can't fully explain it, but it is quiet now! And second- while pulling 2 trailer loads today (5000 pounds each) I purposely accelerated full throttle. It pulls hard to just shy of 4000 rpm and no noticeable fuel starvation. This wasnt the case before the mod.

I dig the look of the new line on the IP. Just looks cool.

Should make the rest of us wonder what our screens look like, not to mention bore out them holes... All this with nice healthy lift pump pressure. These IP's seem to respond really well to fuel delivery mods.

I am right in the middle of this procedure. Started before my accident and havent finished. Im going to go out and buy a new bit soon for the i/p fittin to get back on track.

Here are some pics of me working on my FTB mod. I havent finished yet, i am waiting on some dash 6 line to go from the I/P fitting to the barb on the filter housing. I am also running new line down to my L/P. I will be switching out the stock L/P for a stock cummins L/P for a little more volume capabilities. This is mostly for some size comparison. Plus i had two of everything so it makes for a good comparison, stock vs modified. Thanks to the gf for taking the pics. I love taking them, but my hands are so nasty i dont want to touch my nice camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 158
Yeah, thats the angle hose connect leftovers from before I decided to lift the FFM above the intake

Any 3/8" diesel fuel line will work, since thats what -6an is

Its easier with a drill press. I was able to do it with a good amount of time and patience. A good drill bit makes it easier too.

To offer them would need a source and pay them an hour of time each, so it would get spendy.

I used a vice and 2 drill bits. The first bit was between the existing hole size and 5/16, the final was the 5/16 bit. Going in steps made it much quicker and there was less sweating involved. You do have to be careful with vice so as not to distort, but very simple mod.

I cleaned both screens out on mine. Just ordered 2 stock cummins fuel pumps, to have one on hand as an extra.

I know! They all told me i was dumb for wanting to put it on my cummins. Of course they didnt know i dont have one, so i told them, and they still told me to buy some insane fass or airdog system for millions, when i dont need that kind of pressure and volume. I have a gauge. So if it goes bad i will know. And to have two on hand, perfect. I have one with 160k on it and another with 80k on it. Both for 40 bucks. Now i just need to figure out how to wire it up polarity wise. It shouldnt matter should it? I want to just hook it to my existing L/P harness already down there. Are those wires enough to supply this pump with juice? I really dont even know what the cummins L/P looks like lol. He is also sending me some fittings for it. I think they are banjos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back