• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed the Beast Fittings and Kit available now!

Probably 0 psi, about a year ago I had a gauge on it and it dropped to 1 psi on WOT runs at the drain.

Well truck sat all day yesterday, this morning it sat at 7 lbs before I even started it. Idled at 6, just like the other morning when it was cool. Driving to work it was back to normal, 3 lbs at cruise (35-40mph) 0lbs when giving it any throttle. So it's an intermittent problem.
Been too busy with a brake problem on the wifes truck to even look at it.

Ive actually watched mine go to quite a bit of vacuum on an LP that showed 5-6psi at the drain at idle.

An intermittent pressure problem sounds like a restriction or clog.

Dan, from the "Feed the Beast pics" thread

Dan, put a 2 liter soda bottle on the end of your t-handle drain hose. Start the lift pump with the engine OFF. You should get 1 liter/minute with a stock lift pump and 2 liters/minute with the Walbro FRB-5. If you are getting less than 1 liter/minute now, either the lift pump is weak or you have a restriction before the pump.

Ive actually watched mine go to quite a bit of vacuum on an LP that showed 5-6psi at the drain at idle.

An intermittent pressure problem sounds like a restriction or clog.

Same here, I saw 7-8 psi vacuum when the IP could no longer suck out of my clogged sock and stalled.

NVW if you had 1 psi at water drain, you already had zero psi at the IP... before you even touch the APP.

As long as you had some pressure at the drain it shouldnt be vacuum at IP. Just that at IP is probably 30-40% less than what is at the drain.

just for S&Gs I put another $20 filter in it, even though the other one is not that old and still looked pretty clean. Wow. All the difference in the world. 5-7 lbs at idle, 3-5 driving around. Still drops to zero under WOT, but unbelievable difference. Whatever was plugging that filter must have been transparent, because it wasn't dirty looking to me. I've pulled out some black ones before. I used to do them every 10k but now I'm doing it more. Which stinks because they've more than doubled in price since I got the truck.

cool morning temps I am now at 9 lbs idle, 5-7 driving around. Under WOT it started dropping but not as fast, and I didn't have room to hold it open until it hit zero.
Still going to do the Walbro, if only because of the biggest problem my truck faces, which is pulling my camper up to the Whites.

Fuel pressure seems even better after driving for a few days. I have 8 lbs almost all the time, drops to three at WOT. I think I could get it down to zero if I held it to the floor, but I havent had enough road to try it yet. Maybe I should have waited on the Walbro..

Fuel pressure seems even better after driving for a few days. I have 8 lbs almost all the time, drops to three at WOT. I think I could get it down to zero if I held it to the floor, but I havent had enough road to try it yet. Maybe I should have waited on the Walbro..

This at the drain or T'd before the IP?

just for S&Gs I put another $20 filter in it, even though the other one is not that old and still looked pretty clean. Wow. All the difference in the world. 5-7 lbs at idle, 3-5 driving around. Still drops to zero under WOT, but unbelievable difference. Whatever was plugging that filter must have been transparent, because it wasn't dirty looking to me. I've pulled out some black ones before. I used to do them every 10k but now I'm doing it more. Which stinks because they've more than doubled in price since I got the truck.

Yep, I have noticed this too with my house water filter. It is the small particles that really clog the filter and impede flow. Sometimes I can change my water filter and it can be over half full of sand and grit caked all around and some medium fine stuff cemented to bottom of plastic bowl with decent flow other times it can have just a light sheen of fine silt and have much more pressure drop across filter.

Guys that run 2 filters ie course one then fine one seem to do have some better luck so there is probably some interaction of building of restriction like a stacking of particles that makes it worse too. Once the matrix of crud builds it probably acts like a filter itself clogging the build up and not the filter itself hence the backflushing practice of some filters.

Back