• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Feed the Beast Fittings and Kit available now!

Wow thats a pretty good deal, never noticed that core return policy on that.

He's an honest guy.

Patrick It's not misleading to say price is $149 w/core value of $150. or something like that.

Also a few of your quick links at the bottom of the web page don't work properly. At least for me anyhow. Fyi..

I didn't notice that either. I saw the $299 and thought too much for me, I'll do it myself. But all told it is a good price, considering I spent part of that money on the FTB kit with hose.
Speaking of core returns, pm sent again Patrick

Does the FFM from the stealer come with the WIF sensor and heater or just the body that you get from Walking J.

But if I read it correctly you get the clean body pretapped and fitted with 3/8" nipple, the upper IP fitting and hose elbow, and hose and clamps from FFM to IP, and new Viton O-rings for the heater and WIF sensor. So not bad at all. Its like paying a machine shop to do yours for $50, but you get it ready to swap out with no down time.

Does the FFM from the stealer come with the WIF sensor and heater or just the body that you get from Walking J.

But if I read it correctly you get the clean body pretapped and fitted with 3/8" nipple, the upper IP fitting and hose elbow, and hose and clamps from FFM to IP, and new Viton O-rings for the heater and WIF sensor. So not bad at all. Its like paying a machine shop to do yours for $50, but you get it ready to swap out with no down time.

And to alot of drivers that alone is worth alot more than what Walking J charges.

Dan,

You need more fuel pressure. For sure more.

Well, today I'm down to no fuel pressure. Only time the gauge moves is when I slow down hard. I don't get that, I can't be getting gas tank slosh after my ffm. I figured my new 93 lp crapped out, but I felt it and it appears to be beating along. Filter looks good, I'll probably change it again anyway. I thought maybe the gauge was bad but I did see it creep up to 3 once, so it's working.
I need that Walbro soon.

Seems funny how this happened right after doing the ftb mod. Is it possible it led to the early demise of the lp?

Depends on how old that LP is if it was early demise. The stock one was crappy when I got the truck, it worked but not at high load. And the Carter I got afterwards only maintained good pressure for about 1 year.

It certainly is easier on a pump to maintain a pressure when the demand is lower and pipes are smaller. So actually working the pump like the IP really needs could have put the nail in its coffin.

I think thats what happened then

You have been complaining about a high fuel problem for a long time now... No power at high speeds... your running out of fuel supply.

You have pressure at water drain, so I'd think your tank sock is fine. The weak stocker just has no sack to push through the filter, and supply the IP properly. Its a joke pump.

Third pump on the truck since I bought it, and the last time it was a 93 pump based on someones recommendation. What a joke, can't even get a year out of a friggin simple part. Come on, Walbro!

Well, I thought the reason my pumps went so fast was because of the PCM programs I had, more fuel demand. With a stock program and lines it could maintain a pump for longer maybe.

One of those integration of systems consequences.

Or perhaps your tank sock is also clogged.

Third pump on the truck since I bought it, and the last time it was a 93 pump based on someones recommendation. What a joke, can't even get a year out of a friggin simple part. Come on, Walbro!

I think it's hit or miss I've been thru about 4 pumps until the current one. It's lasted about 2 yrs even with the uprgrades I've done. The old ones would last till just after any warranty expired.

I've been through a ton of them as I have 2, one for the rear xfer tank.

I had good luck with the DELCO's.. the Carter dropped to 1-0 psi in a year or so...

But truth of the matter is Walbro is cheaper, and 3x the pump.

I must be lucky (knock on wood), in over 5 years I haven't had to replace one. I don't know how old it is but it's quite rusty.

Back