• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CV Axle Seperation

Well, I’m the one who’s got his finger on the the ID-10-T Mode Engaged” button.
More ignorant really but, feeling stooopid.

I’m checking out the differential and now know what a “Differential Lowering Bracket” looks like vs. OEM lower diff. Mount.

It looks like this:
View attachment 88863
And now you know the reason for the leaking output seal. Are you going to restore bracket to OEM?

And now you know the reason for the leaking output seal. Are you going to restore bracket to OEM?
The output shaft seal is leaking from the latest impacts of the tripot coming apart. Prior to that, the truck was house trained, garage and driveway friendly. Even after the hit, without a half-shaft spinning because I had the ‘hub-stub’ only in place, the seal wasn’t leaking.

IMG_9530.jpeg

Can’t restore the lower differential mount as the OEM mount was cut off for this one to go on. Smacking My Head against a wall trying to figure out just what to do next. Grandkids were wondering why my forehead was bleeding. Maggie has taken them out for a treat to give me some space.

So, yeah, the front will need to come up a little to the point the half-shafts are level when the truck is on the ground. Getting out the front Bilstein 5100 front shocks. What the hell, I may just put the $%^&* lift back in and buy tie rods, pitman arms and idler arms by the gross for future needs. Half-Shafts never came apart when the lift was turned all the way up. Only after I dropped it a bit to save on the the afore mentioned tie rods….

Woke up at 1:45 this morning so, no serious decisions today or, maybe, even tomorrow.

Back