• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Santa brought some presents

diamond eye exhaust 6.5 burb 002.jpg
diamond eye exhaust 6.5 burb 003.jpg
exhaust install DE 021.jpg
What a diff in the flow this will make!! Stock DP is a joke.
exhaust install DE 022.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't have one of these bad boys on your truck to begin with. The down pipe is gonna be about worthless with the new banks manifold setup.

I've kept the 96 pretty much stock until now. The new DP will now just be a convienent junction to the new turbo system.

Here are some very rough pics of a mock up crossover pipe. I have been eyeballing the 96's engine compartment and it looks like Im going to have to wait until I have everything installed on the 96 engine while in the truck before I do a final mock up. The plan is to use mandrel bent pipe after I build a prototype. Just want to prove the concept first.

DSCF1171.jpgDSCF1172.jpgDSCF1174.jpgDSCF1175.jpgDSCF1176.jpgDSCF1177.jpgDSCF1178.jpgDSCF1179.jpg

And one adapter. 2"x1-13/16"

BUT this will need to be tweeked. The way it is now I dont think it will fit on Pass side. Its going to hit the frame I think.

Looking good. I've got that body style Suburban, but I have a straight axle swap. With all the room that I have I could put just about anything in there.

Looking good. I've got that body style Suburban, but I have a straight axle swap. With all the room that I have I could put just about anything in there.

The banks manifold was designed for the Box style trucks. Yes you should have plenty of room. Its going to be tight on mine. Its mainly the pass side thats going to take time.

As for a down pipe, I wonder if the front most pipe on a Dmax exhaust would work? I have a couple I pulled from pick and pulls.

Measurements from what I think was an LB7 Banks delete pipe kit: From the V-band flange it is ~6" to the bottom of the 90* bend, a well rounded 90* that over curves to follow nearly 2" perpendicular from the V Band flange. It is 3.5" pipe.

As for a down pipe, I wonder if the front most pipe on a Dmax exhaust would work? I have a couple I pulled from pick and pulls.

Measurements from what I think was an LB7 Banks delete pipe kit: From the V-band flange it is ~6" to the bottom of the 90* bend, a well rounded 90* that over curves to follow nearly 2" perpendicular from the V Band flange. It is 3.5" pipe.

Picture?

Where do get the 90 degree with v band flange that comes off of driver side manifold? Why aren't you using mandrel bends?

This looks great so far. Would you consider making more to make available for purchase?

http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_36&products_id=292
This is the diamond eye version of what I am thinking of. I kept the one I found at the salvage because it looked different.
Well the shape is close to what I had in mind, but it'll be cheaper for me to not have to cut the vband off and add something else if needed. I'll just start with a open generic
pipe.

Where do get the 90 degree with v band flange that comes off of driver side manifold? Why aren't you using mandrel bends?

This looks great so far. Would you consider making more to make available for purchase?

Im getting the 90*s from one of my suppliers. Its all prototyping right now the end result will be mandrel bent. I'll plan on making a few if demand is there.
Im getting an Optimizer long block just after the first of the year. Im planing to go though it then put it in the 96 at that time I'll start mocking up the crossover and rest for real then.

The v band fits a GM3 iirc, I was going to use it for my WH1C install.

Problem though is i'd be going pipe flange to pipe flange. I'll need a custom filler for the vband. ATT flange comes straight out the back. I need a 90* long leg pipe like you show, but I be better making my own I think.
Thinking about it maybe a Cummins DP might be good to start with?

Subscribing and scratching my head on this one.

Just to recap

The idea behind the banks manifold set up is exhaust flow effeinecy. The stock PS manifold has 3 of the port flow interupted by flow from crossover and at a 90* angles.
The banks is a straight shot right at the hot wheel of turbo. Im also going a step or two further to see if I can get even more effeincy. Im adding a bypass valve before the turbo to divert exhaust around the restrictive turbo (ATT is much less restrictive than the GM turbos though, and why most report 3MPG better after the ATT).
Im also adding a valve on the intake so under low boost conditions the engine will be in a NA mode.
And one more step, I have a multi tune with an economy setting, so when conditions are right it will be in Eco mode.
I really want atleast 23mpg (and in a CCLB!!) (fingers crossed).

Back