• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another 2 door Tahoe for me

I keep forgetting to update this thread….

This fall I noticed the 1/4” return line from the IP and injectors was cracking. That hose was some diesel-rated hose that I bought from McMaster-Carr that was a good price, but obviously wasn’t great quality.

IMG_8689.jpeg

So I got to drop the tank and replace the hose with some Gates Barricade hose with an SAE 30R14 rating. This stuff should hold up well. This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks.

I keep forgetting to update this thread….

This fall I noticed the 1/4” return line from the IP and injectors was cracking. That hose was some diesel-rated hose that I bought from McMaster-Carr that was a good price, but obviously wasn’t great quality.

View attachment 86001

So I got to drop the tank and replace the hose with some Gates Barricade hose with an SAE 30R14 rating. This stuff should hold up well. This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks.
I thought I had replaced the hoses on the Tahoe at some point in time. Must have confused it with something else again. Seems there was a couple things I thought I'd done to it that must have been one of the Suburbans or trucks

I thought I had replaced the hoses on the Tahoe at some point in time. Must have confused it with something else again. Seems there was a couple things I thought I'd done to it that must have been one of the Suburbans or trucks
Last winter I did a 100% new fuel system in it..........so you may have changed the hoses, but I ripped everything out that was in there to start fresh.

Maybe you got yours out of a batch that had been sitting on a warehouse shelf since before the pandemic? But still, installed in a location where it wasn't exposed to the weather, extreme heat or sunlight, it sure does look like it was exposed to UV/ozone or something that caused it to harden and crack.

Back