• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 Blazer 6.5 problem

Would love to have a nice late K Blazer, Tahoe or Yukon diesel

Had an 84 until last year and sold it. Thing had been rolled once and the fix was SO SO
The rig had sat for a long time and the interior was Moldy smelling.

Would love to have a clean diesel shorty rig again.

I have owned two Diesel Blazers, an 82 back in the mid 80's and the 84 a couple years ago.

Would love to find a clean one and do a 6.5 TD using the Banks kit. I would prefer a 90 or 91 model

Love the "OLD LOOK"

MGW

Would love to have a nice late K Blazer, Tahoe or Yukon diesel

Had an 84 until last year and sold it. Thing had been rolled once and the fix was SO SO
The rig had sat for a long time and the interior was Moldy smelling.

Would love to have a clean diesel shorty rig again.

I have owned two Diesel Blazers, an 82 back in the mid 80's and the 84 a couple years ago.

Would love to find a clean one and do a 6.5 TD using the Banks kit. I would prefer a 90 or 91 model

Love the "OLD LOOK"

MGW

How far you wanna travel ? I know where there is a decent one in Rhode Island 91 IIRC. Needs an IP 1800$. Bring a db2 with you. swap it and drive it home.

Do your PMDs have different resistors in them? Does his have one at all?

When I get home I can check the scan ID to see if that is the right EPROM.

It sure does sound like he needs a new IP.

Why are the batteries dead and you only have 12.7V while idleing?

The truck should start if you unplug the OS, and you should get DTC 17 and 18. Try to start it that way. If it doesnt start that way, plug OS back in and unplug the CPS and start it. It may take more cranking to start with one unplugged.

TRANNY FLUID has been used for years as a diesel injector cleaner and lube in the big trucks.

Local fellow runs his old shop truck on a mixture of old tranny oil and whatever else is handy to pour in the tank.

Filtered Motor oil, some gasoline, tranny oil, veggie oil, or a mixture of all of the above.

Little 6.2 just slurps it up and does its thing.

2 stroke oil is fine but the tranny oil has far more detergents and stuff that can looosen things up.

Granted it may not burn as well but burning is not an issue here.

Kenny

R I is on the opposite side of the country.
I live about 30 miles south of Portland Oregon.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far.

Will hafta wait for an Ore, Wash rig me thinks.

Missy

Do your PMDs have different resistors in them? Does his have one at all?

When I get home I can check the scan ID to see if that is the right EPROM.

It sure does sound like he needs a new IP.

Why are the batteries dead and you only have 12.7V while idleing?

The truck should start if you unplug the OS, and you should get DTC 17 and 18. Try to start it that way. If it doesnt start that way, plug OS back in and unplug the CPS and start it. It may take more cranking to start with one unplugged.

No idea what was in the PMD on the truck, Was still mounted on the IP. The one I got from Ferm IIRC was #9
Batts were stoned dead when I got there. We used a VW and booster pack to get the truck started. BTW it started effortlessy. Just ran like crap.
I have my old prom but it was for a 5521. He has a 5068.

That would be interesting but he said truck was running for a while after the IP was done back in '04. He has not changed the prom. SO he says anyway. Let me know.

It seems odd that his 94 Blazer would have a 5068 pump, someone must have changed it at some point. Never heard of an HD blazer. I didnt even know there was a Blazer 6.5 :)

The 7365 PCM calibration code is for a L56 BPDP which would be for the 5067/5521 IP and auto trans with EGR.

It is also for BLRK which is an L65 engine with Manual tranny, but not 5068 IP.

There are no 5068 IP EPROMs with Scan ID 7365.

However that BLRK-7365 is for a C3500 Heavy Duty from what I can tell, although not the 5068 IP, but someone may have thought it was, or the service bulletins I have are incredibly inaccurate.

Does he have a manual tranny?

Last edited:
I have a BMNM chip layin around. If it will work Ace its yours. Buddy can you help us out and see if that chip will work. I don't remember what it came out of it was in an ecm i got.

Unfortunately the software database doesnt have BMNM in it, so I would need the Scan ID like a scanner or GMTDScan gives you to look it up in service bulletins. It is not on the list of 5068 chip codes that came out in a GM service bulletin, but GM could have screwed that up.

I have a 5068 chip that I could send you if you want to try a different one.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the IP swap.

Is the new IP the same #### or an update along with a fresh chip??

My 94 Burb has a 5068 and I would love to replace it with a fresh 5521 and a new chip

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Just money is all.

As long as it runs its gonna stay right where its at.

Keep us posted Kenny

MGW

Yeah, if he has a 5068 in it and is replacing with a 5068, and the chip is still for a 5067 then it still may be an issue. If his new one is a 5521/5288 IP and it doesnt work then you could swap in your EPROM and see if it does.

Yeah I'm not sure. Long story how I know the guy. I actually offered to hook him up with someone on the site to do the swap for him. I just don't have the time. Heating season is upon us and my trucks are no where near ready to go. Not to mention constantly working on the Lemon.

Back