• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

635 Rebuild cont.

No problem, I started it and the banter is better than posting "Bump" every two weeks waitng for something significant to happen or I post another shot of a part I've cleaned. Yawn.

Yes, but you do such a GREAT job of GI-ing those parts! Now, where's that Brasso, an old toothbrush and a soft rag.....

We could go way off topic and you can tell us about the trip with someone and a lymmie again................And how he liked to save rocks found along the way......................and how he didn't like to shower or something like that.............:thumbsup: :rof:

We could go way off topic and you can tell us about the trip with someone and a lymmie again................And how he liked to save rocks found along the way......................and how he didn't like to shower or something like that.............:thumbsup: :rof:

Um, No!:rolleyes5:

Do you want me to change the thread title to '635 Rebuild cont. EXCEPT when it gets derailed'?
Might as well. Just don't ban ME cause this thing keeps shifting to topics very much not "Performance" related.:cheers2:

:rof:
So what did you deside with the pistons? You going with the stock or what?

In all the side banter, you missed that update in the first post of this thread (third paragraph)? See what not paying attention does? Let that be a lesson to the whole class!:agreed:

The pistons I have will get cut down a bit to ensure there's valve clearance which seems to be the real issue. Trick is finding the guy to do it to specifications as the one Bill usually goes to is out for a few months with health issues.

If you have the specs for this I have a engineering machinist friend here in Boise that could cut them to what you want. You can even stand there and watch while he does the work. And since it's on a 6.5l he would probably cut you a deal on the work to boot. Yep, he owns one too.

You have my number, call me if you want to discuss it more to details.

If you have the specs for this I have a engineering machinist friend here in Boise that could cut them to what you want. You can even stand there and watch while he does the work. And since it's on a 6.5l he would probably cut you a deal on the work to boot. Yep, he owns one too.

You have my number, call me if you want to discuss it more to details.

Very much appreciated. I don't have the specs or the pistons in hand so I'll keep that option open. Again, thanks ver much.

Ninety mile an hour tape, Paveltolz, more ninety mile an hour tape. That's the answer for everything. That and some JB Weld!:rof:

Not sure where the duct tape comments come in to any of this.:???: This isn't a case of having only a hammer in the tool box so every problem looks like a nail. The only time I've used duct tape for repairs on this truck was when working on the, well, the ducting... and it's still holding. Proper tool for the job.:thumbsup:

Stopped in Thursday on OrionThade who's doing some great work on his truck too and has offered up personal support and tools to include an engine stand when the time comes for it. Much appreciated.

You know, when it comes to using the duct tape, I stopped using that gray stuff with strings in it. I picked up a roll of the aluminum tape with the adhiesive that holds stronger the warmer it gets. Great stuff that won't come off to save your life. It's like Franks Red Hot Sause. I put that chit on everything.

I've read some of that "personal support" you are talking about. Are you sure about that?:rof:

Pual, Have you heard of the copper mine over in your neck of the woods? It's a Kiewit operation. Just wondering what the locals have to say about that operation.

John

I've read some of that "personal support" you are talking about. Are you sure about that?:rof:

:confused5:

Pual, Have you heard of the copper mine over in your neck of the woods? It's a Kiewit operation. Just wondering what the locals have to say about that operation.

My grandpa worked the copper mine his entire career - 43 years. What do you want to know?

:confused5:

Poking fun.:thumbsup:

I was just wondering about the locals and what they thought about Kiewit before i put in my app with them. Just because they are a huge conglomerate doesn't meen they are a good company to work for. I get out of school in three weeks and am looking at places to work and relocate to.

Pual said there needs to be more 6.5 owners in that area so I thought I'd look into the area. I like what I can see from google earth. And UT was the second place on the list to look.

Poking fun.:thumbsup:

I was just wondering about the locals and what they thought about Kiewit before i put in my app with them. Just because they are a huge conglomerate doesn't meen they are a good company to work for. I get out of school in three weeks and am looking at places to work and relocate to.

Pual said there needs to be more 6.5 owners in that area so I thought I'd look into the area. I like what I can see from google earth. And UT was the second place on the list to look.

I'm not familiar with Kiewit. Are they a contractor? The mine and operation is owned by Rio Tinto. They've done a lot to try and clean up the damage done to the area during the early mining years. They've built a community called DayBreak on land they have reclaimed. The homes there are pretty nice, I used to live pretty close to them.

I think overall they're viewed pretty favorably.

I really can't tell you about Kiewit, though.

I've worked for Kiewit and wasn't impressed but I 'm sure each job is different depending on whose actually running it.

Thanks Orion Thade.

Ak DD, That is what I hear about them, folks not impressed. But I thought it just discruntaled workers.

Kiewit=Big nationwide union construction conglomerate. Workers are pawns to them. At least that was my impression several years ago when my company had lots of equipment on their jobsite.

Back