• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 exhaust systems & cross overs who's are you running & why ?

When I replace the factory system, I'll pop the extra cash and go stainless and it'll most likely be 3 inch.

The aluminum cross over from warpspeed was a thing of necessity right now seeing as mine is rotted....

Is there something wrong with having an aluminum cross over?

Well I don't see it hurting anything really. I was gonna touch up my manifolds on the inside with the die grinder when I get the chance to...

Well I don't see it hurting anything really. I was gonna touch up my manifolds on the inside with the die grinder when I get the chance to...

I suppose if it was too large, there's potential for a loss of velocity in the exhaust flow and less potential energy to spin the turbine section.

But I doubt it would make any real difference in our low rpm street driven vehicles...

I just installed a warpspeed crossover and Diamondeye exhaust on my 94 k2500 reg cab[599 project] this past weekend . Both fit great. It went in much easier than the Hearthrob[makes ss diesel's] systems on my 92 and 95ld. I will definitly buy again.

No, I did all the dirty work already. it's in my other thread. I replaced the turbo side manifold and put a new crossover and downpipe on already. I just don't think it's worth doing it myself. For the extra 100$ I drop the truck off and pick it up and it's custom bent nice and neat abd he'll cut it right into my empty cat. He did an awesome job on my Tahoe and it sounded fat.

Warp speed is "aluminized" if I recall.

Meaning, steel tubing covered in aluminum.

Nothing wrong with it other than corrosion resistance.

Is the corrosion concern from the inside out, or the outside in? If it were painted with high-temp paint, would that protect that concern?

OK, I just had to post and I figured I'd find an exhaust thread instead of starting a new one. I have been quite pleased with the sound of my Diamondeye 4 inch system, it sounds good when it starts (remote starter) and at idle. What I can hear from inside sounds pretty tough, but I have long wanted to listen to it from outside while someone drove it away. Finally got the chance today, had to swap with the wife while I got hers inspected for her. SO I stood in the parking lot while she drove out, and turned right onto the highway so I was on the right side, listened to it up to about 55. Not a wide open run by any means, but under acceleration nonetheless. All I can say is WOW! Well, that's obviously not all I can say. It sounded even better than I had hoped. It sounds so badass! You hear a deep low rumble, a definite V8 tone to it, gets louder but not obnoxiously so, and over it all the happy turbo whistling away. I am so happy with how my truck sounds now that I've heard it from the outside. I love it!

I had the SSdiesel stainless 4" on the 94 dually crewcab. I was happy with everything about it.
I had a stainles exhaust custom installed on the Tahoe as I couldn't find one to buy. The asshat used regular clamps. What kind of idiot would use steel clamps on a stainless exhaust? Kind of defeats the purpose.

I have a stock xover and dp with a 3.5 from the dp back that dumps out under the bed infront of the rear axle, it sounds pretty good imho. One day I had finished up work and had a 4' long pice of 6" pipe laying round well I managed to get it under the truck and up onto the outlet of the exhaust and all I have to say is WOW. Even though 6" is stupidly over size the sound of it would totally make it worth while I could only amagin it with a good DP and the ATT to boot! One of these days I will find a old set of manifolds for a good price and I will make up some custom SS headers then a 3" x-over might just be worthwhile.

Back