• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 exhaust systems & cross overs who's are you running & why ?

I have 2 Hearthrob crossovers. They fit very well. The part i didn't understand is that they shrunk the pipe for the slip fit, instead of stretching it:mad2: That makes the i.d. of the pipe smaller than 2 1/4". I recently bought the warpspeed crossover for my 94 "599" project truck:thumbsup: Looks very good. I trial fit it on the engine while it was on the stand yet. It fit perfect:thumbsup:

Get the flowmaster from Summit. They ship wicked fast.

Too late, paid for.

And Summit ships UPS to Canada which dings you with brokerage fees, handling fees, and then charges a COD fee to collect the brokerage fees...which they don't give you an option to pay up front so you at least don't have to pay COD collection fees. Then Canada customs dings you with duties and taxes because UPS makes sure they charge you.

Adds up to almost as much as the item most times.

No thanks, got "rooked" by them once, never again.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.....

USPS or I don't buy.

Thx Rob,

I wonder how much is due to X over vs better down pipe, did you do both at same time like most of us did?

Hi Tim,

Yes, I did both at the same time. I will say that the 3" lift made putting the downpipe in really easy. The crossover was a real pain. I ended up taking it to the local muffler shop. They ended up breaking off all but ONE of the studs, and had to burn them out with a welding torch and use bolts and nuts to put everything back together. It's been 5 years, so it's clearly holding up fine.

-Rob :)

P.S. Yes, I know that I should change one component at a time, and then measure for improvement, but I figured the old gal had been suffering with a stuffy intake and clogged exhaust for 10 years, so why not just open it up all at once... :)

Here's a pic of my recently removed down pipe and the new Diamond Eye. I think for sure that a 3.5 incher would fit in there.

Steve

I wish. Cross that border and things get all wierd.

Free trade my as.......

It's not a free trade problem, it's a UPS problem. Auto parts are NAFTA-eligible... all we pay is GST... but getting that piece of paper signed, that's UPS' equivalent of 'shipping and handling'. Nice little racket.

As you said, USPS charges only nominal brokerage fees (usually $5-10). UPS charges all that you said, PLUS it's friggin' arbitrary... you can order 2 of the same parts, from the same place, shipped in identical boxes on different days, and one will come in with a $50 'brokerage fee' and the other with a $90 'brokerage fee'.

Buttwipes.

I agree. USPS or I don't buy. That there is one reason why Walt at SSDiesel will never sell anything to me. He publicly posted that we were trying to 'evade taxes' - what, he thinks UPS is a country that can charge taxes? Buttwipe#2.

Buttwipes.

I agree. USPS or I don't buy. That there is one reason why Walt at SSDiesel will never sell anything to me. He publicly posted that we were trying to 'evade taxes' - what, he thinks UPS is a country that can charge taxes? Buttwipe#2.

BW2 and why I'll never buy there he starts a conversation with "Oh you have one of those" they are junk and he doesn't know what he is talking about insert vendor name, BW3 he insists remote FSD mounts under hood on intake are ok and the gnd is also okay to be removed, BW4 TMs don't work according to him, but I digress.

I went with the Flowmaster. My original crossover was in good shape, but decided to change when I installed the new engine. I also changed to a GM8 at the same time. I already had a 3" downpipe and exhaust system. I chose the Flowmaster crossover as I wanted 2¼" tubing. I think 2½" is a bit large for my truck. I believe a 2¼" crossover flows more than enough CFMs and helps keep the velocity up.

I bought mine off of ebay, it is a warpspeed job. The reason I replaced mine wasn’t for power purposes, I had an exhaust leak and it was getting worse and worse. My stock pipe didn’t look bad, but I figured a donut was leaking or something. Took it to the shop two years ago to have it put on. Ended up that my exhaust leak was not from the x-over but from the passenger side manifold. It had a hole in it about half the size of a dime that I couldn’t see. But overall I did not see a performance gain with the leaky manifold. ( I still was able to boost 9PSI). The shop said it was a PITA to install. Last summer I found out how much of a pita it was to install. When I rebuilt the engine I went to put it back on and the the holes did not line up quite right with the manifold. So I ended up oval-ing them out a little and it finally went together. Overall a good looking piece. I thought mine was a 2.5’’ x-over? Maybe not. But it was made a little cheap, however I paid 49.99 plus shipping on the bay, so I cant complain. I seel the slip joint style like heaths and looks like it would be easy simple install, but I couldn’t afford the sticker shock back then. So my why is price.

... That there is one reason why Walt at SSDiesel will never sell anything to me. He publicly posted that we were trying to 'evade taxes' - what, he thinks UPS is a country that can charge taxes? Buttwipe#2.

Yup, I like some of his stuff and prices, but UPS shipping means I'll never buy from him.

Evade taxes?

Nope. I have no problem paying cross border duties when Canada customs levies them (but I'd still rather not!). UPS is a company taking advantage of it's customers, pretty much "usury" in my books. That's why I no buy.....

Warpspeed crossover here and DiamondEye DP and full exhaust installed all at the same time. Huge difference. Had to enlarge the holes on one side of the DP flange to get it to go on "easy".

I have the warpspeed one too and it was a PITA to put on, They should have a slip joint in the middle. I cant really compare power tho since I did the motor work and tune at the same time. I will say it made the truck a little louder. :)

Anyone know what the brokerage fees are on a diamond eye kit to Canada?? i think i need a muffler :|

For the love of god man! whatever you do, stay away from any of the couriers...

Brokerage is just another name for "bend over, we're gonna charge you what ever we want"....

If you ship USPS, they don't charge extra fees, but you'll probably have duties levied on that large of a box.

Back