• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"599" project

A little work done and more parts gathering

New steel brake line is in and brakes bled and tested with no blow-outs:thumbsup:
The fuel tank and new fuel lines are in and connected.:thumbsup:
Got a new amsoil nano-fibre air filter. Very nice.:thumbsup:
Just got a new B&M aluminum tranny pan and summit racing aluminum rear end cover :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The b&m tranny pan is much thicker material than I was expecting as was the rear end cover. The b&m pan appears to have better access to the rear pan bolts than The PML pan on my 95 ld has. B&M doesn't have a boss for drilling the temp sender hole like the pml does. B&m was over $60 cheaper from summit racing and got it in 2 days.
The only thing about the summit rear end cover is that it doesn't have a drain plug and didn't come with bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_1055_7.jpg
    IMG_1055_7.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1058_3.jpg
    IMG_1058_3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1057_2.jpg
    IMG_1057_2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1054_6.jpg
    IMG_1054_6.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1056_1.jpg
    IMG_1056_1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1060_5.jpg
    IMG_1060_5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Thanks. I definitely am keeping this one. I'll have to sand and paint the rockers ,after it running, also.
If I could only keep from getting side tracked I could get it done.

Wow, another awesome project. you have about the same amount of ambition as I do. I can't wait till I have the space to do more projects like this.

Finished hooking up the glow plugs on the passenger side and installed the stainless heat shields for the center 2

Where may I ask did you get these?

A buddy of mine makes them for me. He has a ironworker machine and a tig welder.

Any chance they might be available for purchase?

Would love to have a set, mine are not much longer for this world.....:rolleyes:

Shoot me a PM if you want to talk price.

;)

Actually, I'd bet they would sell pretty well to the" locals" here on the board....

Always something going on out there;):thumbsup:.....any reason for the stainless or were they missing/damaged?

The originals all rust out around here from the salt. The stainless heat shields will outlast the truck. A one time fix like the oil line kits.

Any chance they might be available for purchase?

Would love to have a set, mine are not much longer for this world.....:rolleyes:

Shoot me a PM if you want to talk price.

;)

Actually, I'd bet they would sell pretty well to the" locals" here on the board....

I know I'd buy a set.

I would too, as long as they fit my college budget! :) I am beginning to feel that one truck and a kid would be cheaper than my fleet :rolleyes:

More parts gathering for this one this week.

I got a set of the Kodiak door handles with linkage from leroy[pmdcable] . I was at the junkyard today and picked up a set of like new bucket seats and console.
More things to do before it's ready to run:rolleyes5: :rolleyes5::thumbsup:

IMG_2112_7.JPG IMG_2113_8.jpg

IMG_2114_9.JPG

You can remove those arm rests so they can be lubed up. I have a post on it in the interior section.

Back