• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K2500 “Krovvy”

before I replaced my air box on my 95 with the ac on I had a little air blowing from the defroster and the floor with a majority coming out of the front vents. after replacing that portion of the dash that had the flapper doors everything worked like it should. though I did replace the actuator motors too. I do recall that one of the doors is spring loaded and even now if I turn on the ac and go right to high blower fan, the air will stay blowing out of the floor. I have to turn it on with the fan on low and give it a minute then go to high fan and it works as it should. my blower fan seems to create enough back pressure in the box to hold the doors so they won't do their thing.
Have you inspected the linkages to make sure the springs aren’t broken? From what you describe, I wonder if one of those could be broken.

More than likely. You should be able to watch the mode door actuator move if you switch it through the different modes while looking at the actuator from the driver’s footwell. As I recall, that actuator is visible from there without a ton of trouble, but my memory has turned to crap and I could be remembering that wrong.
you are correct. the mode actuator is located on the side of the box just above the throttle pedal. it's easily accessible and has two flat rod linkages attached to it, one is spring loaded. the only down side is you have to be head under the dash and feet up on the head rest LOL

Have you inspected the linkages to make sure the springs aren’t broken? From what you describe, I wonder if one of those could be broken.
I haven't gone back to look at it since I replaced it from a donor truck. at the time it was all working fine, but I also seem to recall that is the motor I replaced a cracked gear by gutting another motor which has some sort of electric issue rather than get a new motor. I will look at it soon as well as needing to replace the blower switch again.

I have been wanting to install relays for each fan speed to stop it from burning out my medium speed on the switch. it only has one relay for high. another case of the GM bean counters trying to save $$ the older trucks like my 93 has a relay for each speed.

I haven't gone back to look at it since I replaced it from a donor truck. at the time it was all working fine, but I also seem to recall that is the motor I replaced a cracked gear by gutting another motor which has some sort of electric issue rather than get a new motor. I will look at it soon as well as needing to replace the blower switch again.

I have been wanting to install relays for each fan speed to stop it from burning out my medium speed on the switch. it only has one relay for high. another case of the GM bean counters trying to save $$ the older trucks like my 93 has a relay for each speed.
How old is your fan blower motor?
I've found stuff like that is usually an indicator the the blower motor is on its way out.

I also augment the blower ground by adding and additional ground to the dash mount bolt just a few inches away.

I've had to redo the connection by the ECM on a few vehicles, because the wires were toasty

Back