• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/24/10 Pocket Knife, who carrys them and what kind?

1/24/10 Pocket Knife. Do you carry one on a daily basis?.

• Case

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boker

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kershaw

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Remington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerber

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Buck

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Old Timer / Schrade

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • No. Never carry one.

Votes: 10 11.0%

• Total voters
I was looking at getting one of those. I have a Buck now and use it about every day. Do you miss not having the pointed tip? Broke the tip off of mine but works great as a flat head screwdriver now.):h

No, I haven't broken the tip off the blade... yet. I have used it enough as a flathead screwdriver, so knock on wood that it doesn't break off on me. The blade is pretty strong.

A poll on pocket knives and there was no Swiss Army knife listed? :confused:

My bad, but I have never seen anyone actually pull one out of their pocket. I always thought they were a gimmick with the fork, spoon and toothpick. ):h

Well I carry a Swiss Army knife. Its not the big fat one with the spoon and fork. just a smaller one with a philips and two blades a tooth pick and tweezers. That tooth pick is the best thing to have... I hate having junk stuck in my teeth...

SOG Trident

images

Goes everywhere I go.....even church sometimes.

kershaw flick blade in my pocket and a leatherman multitool attached to my bag along with a few other goodies:smile5:

Had to vote "other" because at any particular time I'll usually have more than one on me, sometimes as many as four, each with different uses/purposes. Two things that I'm almost never without is a knife and a flashlight, even if both are just keyring types.

I now have this with me most of the time. Came in extremely handy during Pea Pack, and hay baling.

Crater%20C33TX.jpg

I carry one whenever I have a pocket. I also carry a leatherman Wave when I have on a belt. Except when dressing up then its just the pocket knife. For working and general cutting I carry one of those folding razor ulility knives. Its just way easier to keep nice and sharp. And I don't feel bad about dulling the blades.

I really dislike going places that doesn't allow a pocket knife as I feel naked without it. Yeah, I understand not allowing the leatherman and anything over 3.5 or 4 inch blade but hate not being able to carry at least a little pocket knife.

I think its the whimping out of men that can't do for themselves anymore.

Back