• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/24/10 Pocket Knife, who carrys them and what kind?

1/24/10 Pocket Knife. Do you carry one on a daily basis?.

• Case

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boker

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kershaw

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Remington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerber

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Buck

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Old Timer / Schrade

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • No. Never carry one.

Votes: 10 11.0%

• Total voters
just a tiny little Old timer for every day, something that looks non-threatening, so i can freely clean fingernails in back of class and not get turned in.

Does a switchblade count ? And of course I have a RAMBO knock off. Never know when you might have to cut someone's throat....:devil:

I have a few but never carry one.

Years ago I worked with a guy that did volunteer firefighting and paramedic stuff. He always had a knife on him and one day I asked him..why? He said it's for cutting the seatbelt if you find yourself in an accident. He has seen people trapped and burn in accidents because they couldn't get the belt off. Makes sense I guess.

I carry one of those tools for breaking the glass and cutting the seatbelt in the driver's door pouch just for that reason.

Curious what you use to keep the stuff in the door pouch? I would think the stuff would find a way out in a rolloever.

I don't carry a pocket knife, but each sled and the drivers door pouch of our rigs each contain one Leatherman or a close facimile thereof.

Curious what you use to keep the stuff in the door pouch? I would think the stuff would find a way out in a rolloever.
It's in a tool wrap thing with some cheap chink tools. In a rollover, I guess I'm screwed in more ways than one. I think of the tool as a water exit thing mostly.

I have a lenox folding razor knife that I carry and use everyday. As someone mentioned, there is a major safety concern with most of these types of razor knives. I have almost got hurt with others I have owned and have known of others getting hurt.
With this particular one, it's not an issue as you have to have it in the half open position in order for the blade release to function.
productdetail_main.jpg

When wearing dress pants I carry a thin Gerber, but 95% of the time, with jeans or shorts, it is my Swiss Army Knife. Not one with a couple dozen tools, just basic, but I would be lost without it.

I do not carry one, can't stand stuff in my pockets. I do carry a Lennox razor like the one above while working on the job.

I always have at least two our three knives on me at all times. I carry many different brands on me at all times. Over the years I have acquired most of them.

Just a Gerber, my son left it in the truck when he returned from Iraq. Somehow it became mine.

Just retired the S&W, it was getting a little loosy goosy after about 7 years. I'm now carrying a Ken Onion Kershaw.

My primary daily carrier is a Benchmade.
779306040_4guNp-M.jpg

I use it for anything that needs to be done. It saves my hands and if it breaks that is better than getting my hands chewed up anymore than they already are.
These are my two backups Benchmade and SOG
779306006_PRvCa-M.jpg

I have carried a knife all of my adult life. When I was in the Navy I was in charge of line handling topside for several years and a good sharp knife can be the difference between living and dying.

I avoid all places I can not take my knife or concealed carry as to not do so means I have to depend on others that I don't know for my safety. Bad choice!!

As much as I enjoy the lenox folding utility knife, I must say that it's only useful in automotive/mechanical work when cleaning windows and doing electrical work. The blade is so thin that its hard to use it as a screw driver, and the blade is so short that its hard to scrape crap off of surfaces.

Back