• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/24/10 Pocket Knife, who carrys them and what kind?

1/24/10 Pocket Knife. Do you carry one on a daily basis?.

• Case

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boker

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kershaw

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Remington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerber

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Buck

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Old Timer / Schrade

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • No. Never carry one.

Votes: 10 11.0%

• Total voters
On my job you need a knife for " BackUp" just in case! I have a Microtech LUDT auto like this http://www.notyourmamasknives.com/c...tegory/resized/LUDT_4aeb0c2d5e4c9_200x200.jpg
LUDT
.. Best knife ever and I believe it's better than a benchmade which Ive also owned..

I only carry on duty tho. But I do have a Kershaw K.I.S.S on my keychain

Leatherman Wave and most of the time I have a folding utility and a leatherman locking blade with 1/2 serrated blade very similar to Marauderer's.

It was different when we were kids just about everybody carried a pocket knife. I used mine just about every morning

How many of you guys played Mumbly Peg growing up??? What a great game and it really increased your proficiency with your jack knife!!

Holy COW Barry! You're really dating us now...):h
Mumbly Peg? Hell yeah we played it. Didn't every boy? Alot of pissed off Moms though. One of Dad's screwdrivers worked pretty good too.

I had a vise grip multi tool with curved jaws. It was very handy. I lost it working on a truck and never found another for sale. Does anybody know if they still sell them?

I got mine at Menards on sale during Christmas season several years ago

Last edited:
Carry a small stainless Beretta folder in my pants pocket nearly all the time. When I carry a larger one, it's usually a Spyderco or similar pocket clip one-hand opener.

On my job you need a knife for " BackUp" just in case! I have a Microtech LUDT auto like this http://www.notyourmamasknives.com/c...tegory/resized/LUDT_4aeb0c2d5e4c9_200x200.jpg
LUDT
.. Best knife ever and I believe it's better than a benchmade which Ive also owned..

I only carry on duty tho. But I do have a Kershaw K.I.S.S on my keychain
Depends on what you are doing with them. I prefer Benchmade to Microtech. I have several of the smaller UDT's (one of them is the original with rubber insert in the handle) and they seem flimsy compares to Benchmade. I had a Socom Elite for a while and it was not very nice. A Benchmade is in my pocket 99% of the time and a Puma the rest.

Been carrying the same Case in my pocket since 1978 except for 3 months of boot camp. Still use it everyday. Best friend gave it to me and yes we are still best friends (the saying is "never give a friend a knife......")

I always carried on me one of the smaller Leatherman multi-tool ones, just the one that had about 6 or so different tools. I carried that for about 6 years. I kept that smaller one on me all the times, and a larger one in the center console in the truck at all times. But since this past summer, I bought and have started carrying the Buck "Bones" Knife on me. It's a tactical knife, lightweight, and fits perfect in my pocket. Like most have said here, as soon as my jeans are on, its in my pocket. I love this knife, by far my favorite knife I have ever owned.

I was looking at getting one of those. I have a Buck now and use it about every day. Do you miss not having the pointed tip? Broke the tip off of mine but works great as a flat head screwdriver now.):h

I lost to many good knives cutting twine of hay bales(the better the knives,the faster i lost them :mad2:,now all i use are just a box cutter(not the break off blade kind,they are useless),they're cheap.
Never lost one yet:thumbsup:

I lost to many good knives cutting twine of hay bales(the better the knives,the faster i lost them :mad2:,now all i use are just a box cutter(not the break off blade kind,they are useless),they're cheap.
Never lost one yet:thumbsup:

I know what you mean, I lost my 6" Buck hunting knife last year:mad2:

Back