• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

Hi Fermanator
Would you happen to have a tune for an OS 12603624 that has a standard transmission. I'm trying to make a standalone but the engine turns off after 30 seconds.
Henri
Thanks for your time
Reactions: jrsavoie
THEFERMANATOR
THEFERMANATOR
Pretty much everything I have left for base OS's is in the tune library.
THEFERMANATOR
THEFERMANATOR
Just looked, and that is a very early 06 lly OS. Any lbz manual trans tune should work. And if it's shutting off after 30 seconds, that doesn't sound like a tune issue, but more like running out of fuel or something else.
Hey SC,
I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned your cooling coatings in my new article on the site http://www.65turbogarage.com/stop-65-overheating.html.
I figured it would be ok since it's free advertising but I wanted to let you know in case there was an issue! : )>
Reactions: jrsavoie and Jaryd
Hink
Hink
Then I'll do the same process with the uncoated radiator for those numbers, and then again the same process with the coated radiator.

Do you have any other suggestions?
How would you suggest is the best way to go about application of your product? You mentioned self application in your earlier message above, or should I have the radiator sent to you for application?
Twisted Steel Performance
Twisted Steel Performance
Send it to me, that way their will be no chance it isn't done correctly.. The most accurate way to collect the data would be a temp sensor in the radiator just above the lower hose for a dedicated digital gauge, that is where I have one and it gives the water temp going into the motor after it passes through the radiator..
Hink
Hink
I have some potentially very good news, can you call me as soon as you can? 360.798.1578
Im new here but im looking to see if anyone has been able to get a modified tune for a 2016 lml duramax?
There is a little white plug on top of the tumbler casing. I do not see how to remove it. This is on a '99 6.5. I have posted my request three different places on this site (electrical, steering, and 6.5), and no one seems to know how to remove this plug. I am trying not to destroy something, and make my job worse. I have pictures of the plug in question on the site postings (ignition switch harness plug).
New inner fenders that can be removed without taking anything else out or apart in or out of the engine bay. Cutout outer fenders fabed up
Yes, a 97 trans will work, just make sure and use the correct torque converter. Most all the catalogs say mid year 97 GM made a change to the torque converter height. Your 2000 trans is a better design as GM made quite a few internal improvements during the 99 model year, but they both hookup and function the same.
looking to change 2000 gmc 3500 4x4 transmission 4l80e found one from a 1997 gmc 4x4 was wondering if it would work
Jaryd
Jaryd
I’m 99% sure it will work since it’s a 97 to a 2000. @THEFERMANATOR can tell you for sure when he sees this
Jaryd
Jaryd
Start a thread because I don’t think a lot of us venture over to this part of the site
The Glow plug symble just started not going out before starting, once started symbol goes out. Wher should I start?
Jaryd
Jaryd
Start a thread and you will get some help. I don’t think many members know about this profile post thing. This is the first time I’ve seen the profile posts thin
J
Jmac42
I’m late getting back to glow plug problem, found mice or rabbits chewed wires, repaired all is well.
Reactions: Jaryd
Back