• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Your favorite hot rod.

Looks like some serious "toys". I'd be interested in pics of the 64 wagon.......... [email protected]. What's the history on the 79 Malibu wagon? I sold one a few years back as a half finished tubbed/half tube chassis drag car. It was to a guy in Kansas I believe, and I lost touch after the fact.

My BU was a stock 267ci old man's car when i got it! It runs mid 12's now with a stock shortblock (exept .060 over), and it's not too light either!
I'm bout to leave for the NHRA nats here in a min, but if its light when i get back or tomorrow i'll try to get some pics up! :Chevy_anim:

Heres our 69 "Nova"

we also got:
79 Z-28 (my project)
79 Malibu wagon (my drag car)
39 Nash businessman's coupe (future hot rod)
64 Nova wagon (needs resto, might sell)
73 Honda 600 (looks like an old mini cooper but smaller)
73 Honda 600 Sport

Sold an gone :(
62 bel-air, 2dr pst, old skool hot rod
51 chev special fastback
73 International Scout (was like New)
54 chev truck
57 Benz 190D
56 Bel-airthis list goes on 4 ever
all this stuff was in really nice contition too!

...Dad bought a 70 CoPo nova back in the day, was in the driveway when his tour with the Navy in vietnam ended. Marina Blue, 396 (402) ci, solid lifter cam, M-22, dog dish 6cyl hub caps, chrome & trim delete, radio delete, etc. Wish we still had that one!

My best buddie has a 69 "R" code MACH 1, SUPER Cobra Jet, 4spd, shaker ETC. has 18K orig miles!

56 Chevy Sweet!! :biggrin5:

1970 chevelle SS, LS6 454 car. if i had that i could die happy
second would be a 70 1/2 split bumper camaro maybe stuffed with a ZZ572

Last edited:
I cant wait to get the car on the dyno and start to tune it. It should make around 2100RWHP. I cant wait to drive it. The car is going to have a 275/60/15 Drag radial on it. If you look up PSCA WILD STREET that is what I plan on racing my car in.

Mel won't allow twin turbo BIG BLOCKS in Wild Street. Check out the rules here...http://www.pscaracing.com/Rules/rules_08_wildstreet.html

There are other classes you could race it in though.:wink5:

67 chevelle i had back in the day. Practically gave it away.(didn't know what i had)

I do like my 71 Dodge Demon Though!

My '69 Camaro if I ever get it finished again (had it since 1978)
'70 LS-6 Chevelle red 4-spd please
'69 ZL-1 Camaro
'68 Impala SS 427 spd
Buick GN turbo
3rd Trans Am w/V-6 turbo

I would also like to build a V-8 Vega (just try and find a rust free body)

70 Olds W-30,390 horse with a 4 speed of course.Our high school rides in our little group was the 70 w-30,69 GT 500 Shelby,70 302 Boss (built by Buffs in Cali) We destroyed what would be an excellent retirement fund now.The Olds hit 3 parked cars in 1982,still remnants in my barn,the Shelby went to someone in Belpre Ohio and never saw or heard of it again and the Boss went into the side of a covered bridge @ 4 am in the morning.... Scares me what we used to do....I think im grounding my son till his early 30s......

As a old "has been", I've had all my favorites through the years: 26 Blown T, 41 Ford factory Marmon Herrington 4X4 serial 545454; 1962 Vette FI Tanker (the Laguna Seca Vette); 1956 Porsche 550 Spyder #089 (lowest mileage spyder at 4196 miles, driven by Ginther and Miles, now in an Austrian museum), 1971 Porsche 914-6 GT factory race car European hillclimb champion; 1974 Porsche Imsa twin turbo; 1986 Porsche Gemballa Slantnose Turbo; approx 15 Porsche speedsters and roadsters; 1963 Corvette FI coupe; 1967 Corvette 427/435 Coupe; 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix Factory 4 speed (ordered new in 65 - one of 917 4 speed Pontiacs built in 66); 1957 Chev Convert FI (still have); 1952 Jeep Sand Racer 302 Z28 single Holley on a 14" tunnel ram with single paddles front, dual paddles rear (my only claim to fame in life - I beat the famous Larry Minor - "the potato farmer" -funny car now - and his blown sand rail in 1972 for the overall Top Eliminator at the Coos Bay Nationals); 1967 and 1968 SS396 El Camino's (325 & 375 hp); a Sleekcraft 27' Daycrusier powered by a twin turboed Banks 454 with a B&M 3 speed trans and a Casale 27% overdrive V drive that went through the traps at 118 mph on Lake Havasu in 1979. Currently working on two frame off projects - a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville 389 TriPower Factory 4 speed car (very, very rare) and an even rarer 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix 421HO Factory 4 speed with air (only 3 4 speeds made with air - 2 survive). Been a good car life with a few great toys!

back in the day for me anyway one of the guys had a model a ford pickup two tone with a flat head for v8 . i can close my eyes and still hear and see it. maybe if were a crew cab. but boy are those cabs small.

Like my father i have always had a weakness for the 67-68 GT Fastback Mustangs and the 67-68 Mustang Shelby GT-500's which he had both of. I know where his 68 Shelby GT-500 is but the owner wont sell and the 67 GT Fastback was sold to a fella in Vermont so i watch all the car show for it pop up at. I know it is no longer the same color but it had options that few other fastbacks had so i hope to see it someday as i will try to buy it back. BUT, for me the ultimate car is the Shelby Cobra 427. That i would give my left nut for and they can cut it off with a dull spoon too.

69 SS 502 Chevelle

chevelle8.jpg

mvc-026f.jpg

chevelle12.jpg

chevelle10.jpg

Had since high school (1975), only took 20 years to restore.

I see nobody has mentioned the Cobra...unbelievable car.

The list is so long...one I would love to drive is the old Challenger with a 440 six pack shaker. They are hard to keep on the road, but what a ride.
A good friend of mine had the old 'Cuda 440 six pack. Man...a beasty.

Back