• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Working on the 93......

SHE LIVES!!!
got it running with the help of my 10 year old:
no smoke or noises and sounds strong.
I'm starting to think you need to try a known good IP
it was definitely the IP pumping too much fuel.
funny story, had her start it the first time. it started right up but i heard a loud whining noise coming from the engine. first thing to pop into my mind was the IP. pinched the return line to kill it but it kept running. after what seemed like minutes, it died but i heard the starter still engaged. the whining was the starter! i went over the starting procedure with her thoroughly this time and it sounded great. lesson learned: don't expect someone to know something that you didn't tell 'em.

So all you had to do was have your kid start the truck? :D

Where in the engine did you find the IP bolts that went missing?

Glad you found a working IP, but, too much fuel alone would just speed the engine up. I can only guess at what makes that IP a core. It's worth a look to see if the screen in the IP inlet is clogged.

i've got everything back together except the air cleaner. getting 2 980 CA dual post batteries tomorrow. will run some new cable but mostly new clamps. will split the duties of each post.

it cranks up great now that i seem to have no issues and new correct batteries. got dual post 985 CA i believe. had them tested at the store and checked out. fuel leak on return line, it's the actual hose, but will get that fixed quick. connect air filter, oil fill and CDR and take a test drive.
running, leak:
fuel pressure from FFM to IP:
how shutdown works using external shutoff:
off topic: run down street on Baja Warrior with TAV and 13 hp Honda engine. Iphone strapped to bars:

Truck runs great but there is a noise during certain conditions. reminds me of the noise it was making before the push rods bent after the rocker assembly came apart. it might just be a lingering sound and totally unrelated.
listen for a tapping sound that's dependent on whether speed increases, decreases or's steady. might need headphones.
here's a few clips under different speeds/accel/decel.
steady 50 mph:
increase/decrease rpm:
increase/decrease rpm again although the noise goes away with no load on engine:
seems loud and it worries me into thinking i'm gonna get stranded again.
any ideas or are ya'll tired of all this?

you will need real speakers to hear it. guess i could put the phone by the engine while driving.

From your other videos prior I hear a belt squeak - Remove spin all pulleys by hand and then clean with dawn dish soap to get all oil and fuel off. New belt.

Yeah, dash squeak.

Didn't hear anything else of concern.

What are you hearing?

Back