• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is this?

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
Does any one know what the name of this bushing is? Its split in half and I have know idea what to search for parts wise. Its where the cross member for the torsion bars attached attaches to the frame.
f081483339f50240ad1cb4c0678d3ec6.jpg

I always had to get them from the dealer. They're the torsion bar cross member mount bushings. Think they were $13 a piece ladt ones I bought.

I did a total rebuild on a 95 S10, engine and clutch.
After getting the wehicle back together and driving it, there was a loud rattle noise coming from under it. Got to checking things out and one of those mounts was busted.
I do not remember the process of removing the old one and installing the new one, but there was something to it, new mount was modified somehow to make installation a lot easier.

Gotta remove both torsion bars to replace them as the cross member must be slid at an angle to get them off and new ones on. I had my whole front end apart, and still cussed doing them as I have NO room around that crossmember with the np261xhdc transfer case.

Gotta remove both torsion bars to replace them as the cross member must be slid at an angle to get them off and new ones on. I had my whole front end apart, and still cussed doing them as I have NO room around that crossmember with the np261xhdc transfer case.
I remember there was quite a bit to replacing them, and it was a bit of a pain. I just could not remember all of the details.

Back