• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

vacuum boost controler

well i think its time for a new intake i broke the tap off inside the bolt hole im so sick of this truck....

anyone know where i can get a intake for a good price maybe even one without the egr

cody has one for sale in the classified section. look for camaro 6.5 diesel

thanks i got ahold of him but his intake needs a heilcoil also and i just got off that bumpy road so i think im going to take the intake manifold off and drill the heilcoil and tap thats stuck in there and then put new gaskets for the intake manifold and drill n tap both the holes with the right tools.

i will never go to autozone again for heilcoils the guy gave me the wrong one so it didnt fit my bolt so i tryed taping it with the bolt size and ended up breaking the tap off, ive been working on this truck for 4 days and im starting to get alittle sick of it....

If you're having this much trouble installing a simple heli-coil insert I recommend you take the intake to a local machine shop and pay them a couple bucks to fix it for you.

Especially if you're going through the trouble of removing the intake already.

Just a bit of FYI, I don't think the bolt problem is going to solve your boost issue. Turbine doc gave you good advice on where to go with the leak (Hint: egr)

:)

I have an s upper and lower I will give you if you want to pay shipping

ill do that.

And im not having that much its that the guy gave me the wrong heil-coil kit, and Turbine doc told me to get the bolts fixed and that would most likely fix the leak, what are you meaning by EGR?

ill do that.

And im not having that much its that the guy gave me the wrong heil-coil kit, and Turbine doc told me to get the bolts fixed and that would most likely fix the leak, what are you meaning by EGR?

Fix the bolts AND replace gaskets is what I said needed to be done, the center EGR gasket is toast probably from uneven clamping force, take AKDD up on the free intake you'll want to go there anyway eventually, once you get it let us know since you are OBD-II until yo get a reflash you'll have to leave the egr semi functional so you don't code.

Got the old girl boosting ok now i made a gasket for the EGR and fixed the other bolt hole with the right tools and the other bolt hole i cant fix so i think im just going let it go that way till i get a new intake down the road.

the boost was right at about 9 psi maybe 9 1/2 and about 65 im getting like 2 3 psi so i can live with that till i get a gasket for the EGR, Does anyone know where i can find that round gasket for the EGR i cant find it any where.

thanks for all the help to everyone, sorry im new to the diesel world but at least i got it boosting kind of good....

Next project take the cat off and knock it out and cut the muffler off.

I think these are the p/n EGR Valve Gasket (EGR Tube Gasket) 94-99 S engine OEM – 10191428, AC Delco - 219-167, NAPA - 2-25203 you need to have a run thru the technical reference library LOT of good info in there.

Well the boost was still bugging me so i orderd a new intake manifold gasket, EGR gasket, and the intake tube gasket, i pulled the intake cleaned it and painted it, i got a 45mm freezs plug coming from napa, it will be here in the morning.

I also got a EGT gauge coming and 4" turbo back exhaust.

The only thing i was wanting to know is the new gasket i got its got the EGR delete on it with the metal plates to block it, and it says on the package to remove this for my truck but did they just put that sticker to cover there ass? or should i remove it and just do the freezs plug?

Leave the gasket alone and also use the freeze plug. The manifold gasket may blow out in time but you will have the freeze plug as back up.

Update: Got the truck back together with the blocked off egr gasket and holy crap that things boost like crazy now, i spiked at 15 psi and it kind of scared me so adjusted the turbo master alittle bit and now she boost up to 11 and holds there till i let off the gas.

I got a 45mm freeze plug and it was too small so i guess i need a 46mm but i think it can wait.

Also i cut the cat/muffler off and that turbo sounds like a jet it is very loud i love it, i hope it stays that way when i get my new exhaust....

Thanks again for all the help, Ill stop posting in this thing so it wont go to the top anymore lol

Back