• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tools

The worst thing about the small bottles is they rape you on fill up. I can fill my large bottles for 1/2 the price.

Leo is right,..we get raped on the customer owned bottles
I pay for a small oxy bottle $75.
small acy bottle $145 or so
I have 2 sets of torches
I use mainly propane for cutting.

I now use propane, and I get the large oxy from a previous place of employment. I used to pay $17 for a cyl., I think it's up to $25-$27 now

Acetylene is ridiculously expensive lately.. Good reason to switch to propane.

I guess there was a big fire/explosion in Kentucky where they make it.. ...and of course the eminent price gouging shortly thereafter.. :rolleyes5:

Leo is right,..we get raped on the customer owned bottles
I pay for a small oxy bottle $75.
small acy bottle $145 or so
I have 2 sets of torches
I use mainly propane for cutting.

I sold my small ones about 15 years ago, I see the prices have gone up a bit.

145$ just to refill?
Nice price eh,living out in nowere has its implications.

exchange bottle.the gas is sumthing like $90 and then there's extra fuel charges,environmental charges and dangerous transport charges and more of that guvment BS and ofcourse my supplier is the only one in town so he prob lays it on as well.
I can get it way cheaper in Grande Prairie but that is a 300 ml roundtrip and i hardly ever go there.
I don't use that much anymore,.. maybe a bottle a yr.

My last oxy bottle was $83,70....its got $5.50 in environmental charges on it.....be carefull filling your lungs breathing ,the stuff is hazardous to yer health:hihi: :rolleyes5:

Last year I lucked out. I have a #4 and a 122cf ac/ox I needed filled/swapped. I own the tanks. The local welder supply shop was moving locations and one of the employees had a stash of bottles that were returns from closed shops, estate sell out leftovers etc. I scored a 330 filled with pure Argon, a 330 of oxidizer and a #4 of Acetylene for $150. Seriously good deal.

The quote at the time for a #4 fill of Acetylene was $100 itself.

I'd like to happen in on a deal on another 330 Ar/Co2 for the wire machine..

Last year I lucked out. I have a #4 and a 122cf ac/ox I needed filled/swapped. I own the tanks. The local welder supply shop was moving locations and one of the employees had a stash of bottles that were returns from closed shops, estate sell out leftovers etc. I scored a 330 filled with pure Argon, a 330 of oxidizer and a #4 of Acetylene for $150. Seriously good deal.

The quote at the time for a #4 fill of Acetylene was $100 itself.

I'd like to happen in on a deal on another 330 Ar/Co2 for the wire machine..

IIRC I pay about $80 for 75/25 Ar/ Co2. My last bottle of 100% Ar was free. It was almost full, it was used by a couple apprentices for practice where I used to work, I taught them at night how to TIG and stick weld.

I'm lucky, the place I get mine probably has a contract for 100 bottles, their volume reflects the price.

Hmmm.. The stuff 'looks' to have been used for 'something'.. :dunno: Is the quality lacking? Those are some key tools for AC tho.. I do not have any real AC tools to compare them to.

I never thought of that Simon, very perceptive.:)

Like selling ice cubes to an Eskimo:agreed:

Back