• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

tools

Find the Model # and google it. Chances are someone has a manual for it or a similar model on a PDF or something you can look at.

I don't even know the brand as the manf plate has been painted over and scraped off too many times till there's nothing left

I'm guessing mid '30s Delta and that bracket slides down the column and mounts to a platform/table (it's currently upside down). I once had an old press offered to me that had a post that extended down from a similar bracket and was strapped to a bench leg below it. Damn thing was a good 250# so I took a pass.

Press.JPG Press1.JPG

Well did a bunch of browsing on the net and it's defineately a Delta/Rockwell with DP220 cast into the head. All the bases I could find pics for were fairly small and round, so unless it's really an oddball I'm leaning towards a aux table bracket. Also I found the same round table/clamp that's on mine and they say it's pretty rare and worth a few bucks.

Attachments

• aux table.jpg
    aux table.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
here's a pic of how they are mounted to a table. I saw quite a few like this

Attachments

• drill press bases.jpg
    drill press bases.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 9
that exposed style belt just screams OSHA(Oh Shit!)
So do 99% of the pictures of WWII workers that built the armaments that won a war, we could not even begin to attempt to fight a war today like that with current OSHA rules and ambulance chasers taking companies to court over "unsafe" working conditions, my #1 headache as a field engineer is trying to keep stupid people from hurting themselves doing what used to be "common sense" tasks, sort of like the stickers written in english & spanish on lawnmowers et.c warning of the dangers of putting ones hands into the chopping part of the mower.

Many a hole drilled with those old machines & exposed belts without injury, requires that the operator be somewhat smarter than the machine, which is where the challenge today in the OSHA regulated society lies, finding a worker with enough common sense to know a exposed belt could grab & possibly hurt you if you don't pay attention to what you are doing.

Most people freak out when they see my skilsaw guard is always wedged up outta the way. been doing that for close to 30 years. guards have a tendency to make people lax as to how they use a tool. I've seen people depend on a guard to work and wonder why they get hurt. A lil common sense goes a long way. I tell every newbie I work with that noone watches out for him like he will so pay attention to what your doing and what's going on around you.

Most people freak out when they see my skilsaw guard is always wedged up outta the way. been doing that for close to 30 years. guards have a tendency to make people lax as to how they use a tool. I've seen people depend on a guard to work and wonder why they get hurt. A lil common sense goes a long way. I tell every newbie I work with that noone watches out for him like he will so pay attention to what your doing and what's going on around you.

I thought that pesky guard was to protect the blade when you plunk the thing on the ground:hihi:

There used to be a lot of that,..were did it go? :???:

more tools! got the tear down bench for $100 tranny stand for $25 puller for $20

Attachments

• 004 resize.jpg
    004 resize.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4
  • 002 resize.jpg
    002 resize.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 003 resize.jpg
    003 resize.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2
  • 001 resize.jpg
    001 resize.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
Ya people been missing me!!!!?:cool::D
I found TTS was a bit dead lately and i was spending to much time on the puter lately so i cut back a bit.
Besides i been kind of busy on the farm,..sooo much to do,...soooo little time before he %#@*&^ snow flies again so i'm pooped at days end

And then Les with his effen CL finds makes me wanna pout,..can never find dick all in these parts worth buying unless it is a cheap tractor :rolleyes5:

Ya people been missing me!!!!?:cool::D
I found TTS was a bit dead lately and i was spending to much time on the puter lately so i cut back a bit.
Besides i been kind of busy on the farm,..sooo much to do,...soooo little time before he %#@*&^ snow flies again so i'm pooped at days end

And then Les with his effen CL finds makes me wanna pout,..can never find dick all in these parts worth buying unless it is a cheap tractor :rolleyes5:
Nice to see your still your cantankerous old self...:wavey:

Back