• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TDCO -1.5 or -1.94?

Shout out to Matt for setting my TDCO today. It was a lot of fun to meet another 6.5l guy from the forum and he hit the timing on my sub great. I have to get one of those cool scanners for the laptop. I can't wait for my first cold start. Thanks Matt!!!:D

It was a good time guy... a learning experience for all.

Hey, the diesel gods were smiling on us today, because when I went to loosen my bottom IP nut, the wrench snapped at the heated bend.

Fortunately It wasn't loose yet... I re-assembled everything and I'm happy with the -1.32. Narrowly avoided incident there. I saw that cardboard too, it made it around the corner, and all the was down to the next cross street the way you left :) Windy!

Damnit, looking at my TDCO in my sig, I lost a little advance..... Oh well :)

Hey, the diesel gods were smiling on us today, because when I went to loosen my bottom IP nut, the wrench snapped at the heated bend.

Fortunately It wasn't loose yet... I re-assembled everything and I'm happy with the -1.32.

Damnit, looking at my TDCO in my sig, I lost a little advance..... Oh well :)

doh! we'll blame that one on the chinese wrench haha

I heated and bent mine. works better IMHO than the kent moore one I own.

Aces, I'm trying to get a wrench bent today and don't have the equipment. In looking at the photo of one of these bend jobs, it looks like the offset angle of the wrench was also eliminated (ie. straight shot to the nut). Can you confirm that?

BTW awaiting arrival of the cable for the GMTDScan Tech.

OK, note to self, look at wrench before typing. It did have an offset and yes I bent it straight. It was a double box Craftsman Club. 13mm on one side 15 MM on the other.

I use a regular S-Bend 15mm wrench on mine, although one of these custom wrenches would be better. I have less stuff there too with single stat.

For the TDCO, I have messed with mine a lot. I adjust it regularly, several times some days, so don't worry about breaking anything.

I don't remember how much they were but you can buy the GM box wrenches to do the job and save yourself a lot of time and frustration. Like any specialty tool, you will pay a little more but maybe one of you could buy the original wrench set from GM and then find a way to take cheaper craftsman S wrenches and build a jig to heat them and bend them to factory tool standards and resell them to the rest of us. Make a little money and become well known in your 6.5 community. Just a thought!

Ian

I don't remember how much they were but you can buy the GM box wrenches to do the job and save yourself a lot of time and frustration. Like any specialty tool, you will pay a little more but maybe one of you could buy the original wrench set from GM and then find a way to take cheaper craftsman S wrenches and build a jig to heat them and bend them to factory tool standards and resell them to the rest of us. Make a little money and become well known in your 6.5 community. Just a thought!

Ian
The stealership I went to told me that the kent-moore tools were dealer only and only available in the sets that the dealers get every year. Kent -moore told me the same thing when I contacted them. I have seen them on e-gay . They go for over $60 for just the wrench. :eek: Ib haven't seen the pump turning tool on there.
I bought a whole set of metric offset box end wrenches fo $15 from northern tool just for the 15mm. Heated and took offset out and bent to fit ip that i had sitting on the bench. It works ok on the passenger side bolt. Not so good on the dr. side. Regular wrench works on dr side. Harbor freight sells a set of "obstruction" wrenches for very cheap.[$15+or-] Saw them on their web site.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=99564 and http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=99699

Last edited:
Back