• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stupid BFG KM2's!

You couldn't go through your dealer?

I tried, But heres the thing. I paid cash, and low and behold, no one can find the info in the computer? I went through my "pile" of important chit, and tossed my reciept. I mistakenly tossed actual reciept, and kept the "quote" reciept! The part that really pisse me off is that I also paid for road hazzard insurance on them. The manager is no longer employed there? I think(know) he pocketed the money, before he planned on, not being there. So, I am kinda F**ked unless I want to throw a very serious bitch, and threaten to unleash my size 14 in someone arse! I am gonna go through Michelin first. I have lost all confidence in these tires anyways. I plan on pressing Michelin, to replace all four tires with anouther brand. Or refund my money. It is turning out to be quite the complicated mess.:mad2:

Have you tried contacting BF and see what they have to say.

Thats affirmative sir, post #6 and #16 covers that action. We are in a waiting on me pattern as we speak. They would like me to mail them the offending tire. They will do an analisys on said tire, when the recieve it in the mail. But, I have been too busy and/or to lazy to do the mailing thing. I think I will change that status tomarrow, and get the big fat may pop in the mail. Do you know it is going to cost 100.00 bucks to UPS that sucker to one of the Carolina's? And UPS wants it in a box. I am having difficulties finding a box that tire will fit in. I am going to the UPS store and let them get it in a box. Michelin will be covering the cost to pack and ship.

RYDNHI====

I noticed the "bad dog" in your avatar. Mine(Viszla) does the same crap! Got home today and he had locked himself in the bathroom. He chewed the shower curtain, ate the rug, nibbled on the door molding, tore up a towel, bit the roll of TP, drank from the toilet, and the pissed on the floor. My Boxer must have finally let his dumb ass out, because he was free and running around like nothin' happened. Until I went to use the head. Then he was all about scootin under the bed and out the back door! Gotta love em, just don't know why!

Wow, that is epic. I've seen similar damage on a friends 93 K3500 SRW, they had 3 Goodyear E-rated tires go out, and goodyear fixed the damage from every one (one time it was the whole bed).

At least you weren't towing something, could have been much worse. Let us know the outcome of this.

Wow, that is epic. I've seen similar damage on a friends 93 K3500 SRW, they had 3 Goodyear E-rated tires go out, and goodyear fixed the damage from every one (one time it was the whole bed).

At least you weren't towing something, could have been much worse. Let us know the outcome of this.

I am extremely thankful for that. The weekend prior I had the 40' toyhauler on it, and the whole family with me!

At least you and the family are safe. Like I said before... I thought these new KM2's were going to be promising. Do you know of any other people that have had any problems with these tires?

At least you and the family are safe. Like I said before... I thought these new KM2's were going to be promising. Do you know of any other people that have had any problems with these tires?

No, I do not know. I like/liked them alot, till it went "flappity flap" all over my truck. The one thing I do not like about them is they are rated on the low side for an E rated tire. They are only good for 3195lbs. The stockers I took off were good for 3400ish. The last time I hit the scales I was at like 5800ish on the rear axle. I would rather have a little bit more of a margin than that. I think I am going to switch over to a Nitto in a 285 -75-17E size. I see they are rated for 3750lbs. That is a little better for me.

Which nitto are you looking at? I've ran the Terra Grapplers and they have performed very well for me. I currently have Mickey Thomspon MTZs and I love them so far, no problems with them.

Well I was thinking about the dura grapplers, or the trail grapplers look good too. I like the dura's because they look pretty good for the street.Which is where I do 98% of my driving. But I do go off road, noyhing serious, and I hate to get stuck. I don't try doing anything wild, just get to where we are going to camp. I love this truck, but she loves to get stuck. I think I got my old burb stuck once in 10 years. This dmax has been stuck about 5 or 6 time now. Only once with the BFG's though. Well let me refrase that, I only had three BFG's as I am rolloing on a spare. It was actually last weekend in the desert. We were almost where we wanted to camp. I had to do some minor manuvering to get the set up placed where I wanted to be. And bam, stuck! Ended up up buried to the frame. Some guy comes over and offers to help. I'm like yes sir that would be great, go get your dam power stroke and give me a little tug. I unhooked the toyhauler and got out my snatch strap. He(ford guy) backs up to me and we hook em up. He takes out the slack, so were ready. He tickles his throttle, and barely spins a tire, like half a revolution, and says sorry I can't do it. Im like WTF? But oh well what can you do? I unhook, he pulls out of the way and I get my shovel. I do like 5 minutes worth of digging, get in the truck and drive right out. I guess I can't fault him. My wife thought it was going to be funny to see me get pulled out by a ford! But I am not a fool I'll take help if I can get it. I just couldn't get any ford help that day! Its all good though, the GMC rescued herself. The last stuck was in mexico, got pulled out by a little toyota! That stung my ass bad! But had to get out, and hear about it all weekend too! Had the new BFG's as soon as we got home!

Well from experience the Nitto Terra Grapplers sound like they would work well for you, good onroad and offroad traction, a decent comprimise. I have about 50k on the set I currently have, although my trucks are much lighter than yours.

Ya' know, there are about 50 zillion people that are real damn satisfied with the BFG ATs.
Towing and otherwise. The only complaints I've ever heard in the 10+ years I've been running them on 4 different trucks was from people that run gravel eat 'em up pretty quick. Otherwise they are 60-75k tires for me. Just sayin'

While the BFG a/t lasts forever, multiple people including myself and dad have had horrible experience with them in the ice/compact snow. Just no traction.

The BF A/T's did awesome for me in deep and heavy snow. Never once did I ever have a problem getting around.

Ya' know, there are about 50 zillion people that are real damn satisfied with the BFG ATs.
Towing and otherwise. The only complaints I've ever heard in the 10+ years I've been running them on 4 different trucks was from people that run gravel eat 'em up pretty quick. Otherwise they are 60-75k tires for me. Just sayin'

I don't have the AT's I have the KM2's. I never said I thought it was an epidemic. All I know is that my tire screwed up my truck something fierce. On a side note, I have a buddy that loves the AT's. Its all he has bought for 25 years. I also personally have seen him lose no less than 6 of them. They were all 35-12.50's. I have had plenty of there radial TA's on my cars and this is my second set of there truck tires. I am still a bit upset with this incedent, but I am not saying that they are all shit. Just happens the one I got was. I wish the size I wanted had a better load rating also.

Well from experience the Nitto Terra Grapplers sound like they would work well for you, good onroad and offroad traction, a decent comprimise. I have about 50k on the set I currently have, although my trucks are much lighter than yours.

Ill second the Terra Grapplers... I I bought mine from a friend of Dave's (88gmctruck) and mine with 30-35K on them. His truck was a half ton Silverado and they still had about half tread. I bought them a winter tires but I am now using them all the time due to my Toyo's being about gone. I think they are a great tire... They out performed my Toyo's on a few hill climbs and other areas at a local off road park. On the highway, they are great and quiet. They are a great tire that performs in many conditions... in my opinion.

Back