• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stupid BFG KM2's!

tinypeckerwood

Reaction score
I just had my left rear tire seperate and wipe out the whole left side of my bed. It also hammered the wheel well and floor of my bed! Looks like I need a whole new bed. The good thing is that the tire never lost any air. It's in the bed with 50 psi in it. I think I will be calling BFG about this. The manager at my tire shop says BFG should cover all the damages because there defective tire caused it all. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I will call them anyways. I'll post some pics up when I get a hold of the camera. It also got my mirror too!

That sucks. I had the same thing happen to me once with another truck at 75 mph but didn't have any body damage just some soild shorts!

I just had my left rear tire seperate and wipe out the whole left side of my bed. It also hammered the wheel well and floor of my bed! Looks like I need a whole new bed. The good thing is that the tire never lost any air. It's in the bed with 50 psi in it. I think I will be calling BFG about this. The manager at my tire shop says BFG should cover all the damages because there defective tire caused it all. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I will call them anyways. I'll post some pics up when I get a hold of the camera. It also got my mirror too!

TWP: they WILL cover it. I know a guy had that happen with ProComp's twice! procomp paid for new Procomp tires and a new bed the first time. the second time they paid for a new bed and new BFG tires!

Another guy had procomps come apart, and they didnt do body damage besides a few scratches and procomp paid for new BFG's for him too. Feel free to call me and i can contact me and i will ask him if he can give you any pointers for going through the process.

how fast were you going?

I dont know why they had to change there MTs. Those where damn good tires. Sorry to hear about your truck

I dont know why they had to change there MTs. Those where damn good tires. Sorry to hear about your truck

A buddy of mine has a "love affair" with the BFG AT's. Almost every time we would go to Glamis or the river, one of them stupid 35" bastards would come apart. No fun on a short wheelbase full size blazer with a trailer! I guess I should have went with my gut feeling in the beginning.

TWP: they WILL cover it. I know a guy had that happen with ProComp's twice! procomp paid for new Procomp tires and a new bed the first time. the second time they paid for a new bed and new BFG tires!

Another guy had procomps come apart, and they didnt do body damage besides a few scratches and procomp paid for new BFG's for him too. Feel free to call me and i can contact me and i will ask him if he can give you any pointers for going through the process.

how fast were you going?

I called BFG this morning, no liability claims people were in. They are supposed to call me on monday. I was going like maybe 70. It was enough that I had 21' of crew cab long bed in a full "Tokyo drift"! That was a little scary, being unexpected! I had just came out of a twisty canyon too. That would have been BAD had it let go 1 minute earlier.

I just got the "boss" to let me use my camera, it was in her purse. There is no way I would go in there, I value my limbs!
So, here are a few pics of the carnage. It still makes me want to cry, I love my truck! My heart still has pains in it!

Attachments

• nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 049.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 049.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 051.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 051.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 052.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 052.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 11
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 053.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 053.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 7
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 054.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 054.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 055.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 056.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 056.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10
  • nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 058.jpg
    nov 7 2009 truck and ocatillo 058.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
Thank you...just a random from the internet. :D I really should've taken a camera with me when I went out for Halloween, but then you guys would hate me to see what is at college here.

Wow... and i thought those tires looked promising. Sorry to see that happen

I was very happy with them, for the most part, till this happened. The only thing I was not thrilled about is the light load rating(3195lbs). I have about 30 K on them and was expecting another 20 K or so. Too bad anyways

I went and got,the requested by Michilin, repair estimates today. I got one from a GMC dealer it was 5,250.00 and one from an independent shop, it was 5400.00. WOW is all I can say.
Does anybody have any idea how long Michilin will take on there end? I use my truck for work and it does not look very professional running aroud and meeting clients with my beat up truck.

Last edited:
WOW! That's a bunch of damage...:eek:
Glad you're ok though. The truck can be fixed and I'd bet they'll cover it for you. Good luck!

Holy crap...:eek: Your tire and bed....

And his mon ...):h

Man that sucks. What are you going to do? Have you tried to contact BFG to see what they say?

Any Updates?

Nope, not really. I still need to UPS them the tire. But UPS charges an extra 40.00 if the tire is not boxed. It is going to cost right at 100.00 to box and send this tire to the east coast. If they approve my claim and all the rest of the BS to go with it, I will get a check in around 4 weeks. I guess alot of time is eatin' up with correspondance between Michelin and myself. I goot get that tire movin soon.

Back