• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

starting a cool conversion....6.2l/6.5l hybrid swap into a 1993 dodge short box

i put down for 2.... but more like this... if it passes, does anyone wanna buy 2 ds4 pumps?:hihi:http://www.6-5liter.com/graphics/dscn1612-lg.jpg

That place has the infamous "cast and machined in Canada" statement and criticizes Chinese blocks, and says the new metallurgy increased block strength like 30% and reduced brittleness. The guy there thinks very highly of the blocks, as I have asked him about them, but he avoided some questions about castings.

A brand new DS4-5521S, I'd take one off your hands. Or if you want to know just how well they work you could keep one and I'll swap you the other for a 6 program chip in an OBD1 PCM, if you got a wired truck.

Last edited:
That place has the infamous "cast and machined in Canada" statement and criticizes Chinese blocks, and says the new metallurgy increased block strength like 30% and reduced brittleness. The guy there thinks very highly of the blocks, as I have asked him about them, but he avoided some questions about castings.

A brand new DS4-5521S, I'd take one off your hands. Or if you want to know just how well they work you could keep one and I'll swap you the other for a 6 program chip in an OBD1 PCM, if you got a wired truck.

i would but all our "wired truck stuff" is now a puddle of melted things....

Very sorry for this loss guys. You sure didn't need that... At least nobody got hurt did they?

there was 10 cats of mine that did not get out, not wild ones, all with names and personality....

Losing stuff in that manner is tough, sorry for your loss. The tools and other stuff can be replaced, although the new stuff may never fit like the old stuff did. The hardest part though is losing pets that have become like an extension of the family.

Don

there was 10 cats of mine that did not get out, not wild ones, all with names and personality....

I just noticed this!!

It was bad enough losing all the stuff but to lose all those kitties :(

My cat died late last year and i was a mess LOL He was 19 years old, died of old age, lived a long love filled life too. I have a soft spot for kitties and this only made me more sad than i was before.

well Koots, guess I am not the only cat fan!

jim and jeff, hope you guys get some more shop cats that remind you of the happy memories of the previous ones. Work is boring for me now that Patterson ran away, coolest wussyest little tomcat that was always getting the snot beat out of him, but he was always there to make your day, and help degrease the engine (rub against the oil pan) , and help with the wrenches (aka roll the screwdriver off the back of the combine :D )

my folks still have our prize shop cats, blackey and mousey (creative, huh? ) ol black cat that will chase the dog, and mousey will always give you a headbutt to show his approval of the completed task. he also climbs to the top of our old wooden grain elevator, and cleans out the pidgeon inventory. used to have to climb to the top and stuff his butt into a backpack and climb down with him crying in the bag, but now he knows how to get down.

anyways, thought I would share some shop cat stories to help you remember some of yours, good luck with the rebuild guys!

Only just read this thread. I'm really sorry for all that you lost, I'm a cat fan too that just plain out sucks.

FYI to anyone reading this with pets, you can get stickers to put on windows etc that alert fire department that there are pets inside. They even come with boxes that you can check to indicate what kind of pets. The thought of my dogs and cats trapped in our house if there is a fire, well you know.....

As to your neighbor was he there watching it? 9 times out of 10 if it is arson they always come back to watch it.

Good luck with the Dodge conversion

Cheers
Nobby

Damn, really sorry about this.. you can replace tools, but these family members ...

Just found this thread whilst looking for informations about 6.5liter.com

I lost 2 of my 4 Aby,few weeks ago, a blue one and a usual (red) one.
one stolen, one killed by a car... still feel the pain.

Back