• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

starting a cool conversion....6.2l/6.5l hybrid swap into a 1993 dodge short box

Because the Cummins wasnt cutting it? :D:hihi::thumbsup:

Sounds cool, what year dodge?

if you go on our youtube account, the truck is there.... it came with a v-6 that we rebuilt, but it never ran right, we took it to dodge and put it on the puter and they could not find the problem... they just wanted to throw parts at it... so it has been sitting here for one year and the owner asked to make it work so we offered to put a N/A gm diesel in it with a SM-465 tranny and he said go.... we just bought a 86 1 ton duallie dumper 4x4for $350 10 minutes ago for parts.. the truck is a 1993 dodge 1500 2wd..... thinkin to run true duals out before the tires with glasspacks...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XcVpEmzByQ

heres some pics too....

Attachments

• DSCF0178.jpg
    DSCF0178.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0176.jpg
    DSCF0176.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
He bought this truck, because he liked the looks of it. When he bought, there was a 318 available, but he didn't have the money for it. We offered previously to put a 6.9L with a rebuilt C-6 into it but he wants standard. So, we are buying the donor and putting it in. The donor will leave us with a solid front axle (maybe Dana 60), cast transfer case and dually rear end for GMT-100 style truck. Pieces for a future project, I imagine.....

I would put the exhaust out after the tires. No need to preheat the rear tires with 1100 degree exhaust air. I have melted mudflaps on my 1988 6.2 exhaust back in the day and ruined spare tires that are 2" away from the pipe on my 1993...

Need a short exhaust? Put turn downs before the rear end - under the bed. :thumbsup: Stacks?

I would buy a Dodge for the Cummings. As many 6.2/6.5's as I have scrapped and now in a Dodge wrapper... That is enough to give me nightmares. The hope would be that I would not have to pull out a blown up Cummings - I already have rebuilt the rest of my GM pickup.

The 6.2 is a step up from a gutless 1993 V6 though. Least it should have more torque. :agreed:

Wow, that really sucks, sorry to hear that.

Any idea what the cause was?

Real sorry to hear that, what a crappy thing to happen.

not sure to the cause, we have a neighbour with a history of arson, and we are in court with him for land ownership, maybe a woodstove problem, bad wiring? the garage was 20 years old.... just waiting for the insurance to call....

WTF... I hope the Ins company comes through good. Wow man... Sorry to hear.

That sucks man.

Is that your business Garage in your avatar that burned?

Back