• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stalling / Smoke

Air in the fuel would cause stuttering and smoke. Address the loose stepper motor. If that does not clean it up, then you will need to address potential air leaks on the the suction side between the fuel tank and lift pump. My recent experience has been the o-ring seals are where the hard lines connect to the sender particularly with the age of the truck. Good news a new set of seals is less than $10 at Napa. Bad news, you get to drop the tank.
Thanks. If this doesn't work I'll check the orings on the FSU.

My son put one of the other Inj pumps we had in and it fixed the stuttering and smoking. He got it right at -1.93 right off the bat. no adjusted needed. How lucky can you get. Now I just need to turn down my turbo master. I keep getting a p0236. Other than that it's running better than ever (at least better than it was). I've had the tm for about 15 years. I can't remember if I need to make the bolt on the end shorter or longer? It's a GM8.

Back