• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sad news.

His wife was cremated and he just got the remains back recently. What must it feel like to drive up to a funeral home knowing your going there to get your wife's remains? On top of that she wished to be buried at sea. He had to take her remains to the Coast Guard as they provide the service. I can't imagine what the thoughts were on the drive down and or the gut wrenching feeling of handing over the only thing left of your wife!
It has to be done I know and its just part of life. On one hand it would make me distraught, but standing tall and doing it, respecting her memory then trying to get back to some kind of a normal life is about all you can do. I know she absolutely would not want him sad and not being productive. She would want him to have a very happy life for himself.
He is doing very well IMO, but obviously has his bad days. We stay busy with projects. Im helping him build a chicken coop and we'll be doing new floors in his house after that.
One day at a time, right?

Thanks guys, appreciate you kind words and thoughts.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, messages, and thoughtful wishes. Today is nine weeks since I lost my wife, Jean. I'm slowly getting better already, but as one can imagine, I'm still going through all kinds of sideways, downs, and some ups coming to terms with losing her.
It was a sudden loss, she was full of life and gave so much of herself to so many people. I will always miss her terribly, but I also thank God for the time that she and I had together, and am happy for that.
Leroy has always been the best brother to me that anyone could ever have. During this period since Jean died, he has been there for me all the way. I pray and hope that all of you have a brother, or someone else, in your lives who is as good to you as Leroy is a blessing to me.

Thanks again,
Robert

Yes, today is tough even though each day gets a little easier.

The longer term challenge is several tomorrow's from now, when somebody new has to compete with a Saint.

Back