• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuild for a performance oriented 6.5

Can you do a video when you get into the other side? That way everyone else running them can see what to watch for, and maybe send video to mfr so they see what's going on.

Leroy and I both did videos. I sent this video to Harland Sharp when I was dealing with my rocker arm issues. They machined the inner spacers shorter and replaced the damaged rockers at no charge since they clearly saw they had a problem. My rockers had fewer miles on them than 3500's do, so he may have more stuff that needs to be replaced than I did.

Here's my video:

Did not see this went to page 7 (my page 7) til just now. After I saw Tim's post I got on the phone with HS. They close on Friday's at 11am
So should here something back on Monday.

Did not see this went to page 7 (my page 7) til just now. After I saw Tim's post I got on the phone with HS. They close on Friday's at 11am
They (and Leroy) were great to work with on this issue. I'm sure there won't be a problem.

No worries, I knew you'd be on top of things. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I fixed my oil leak. Apparently the outside back stud wasn't fully tightened. Who knew things leak oil when bolts aren't tight.... Oops [emoji51]

My cam finally came Tuesday. I just got it back in the engine tonight, but I have to degree the cam. I don't have the tools to do that, so I have to order the wheel and wait for it to get here before I can go any further[emoji36]
586739ed69c8766272678ace4fd522b9.jpg

Give that cam the third degree and if it doesn't tell you what you want, then rough it up a bit! If that doesn't work, try good cop - bad cop with it! Oh, not that kind of degree. Nevermind.

My cam finally came Tuesday. I just got it back in the engine tonight, but I have to degree the cam. I don't have the tools to do that, so I have to order the wheel and wait for it to get here before I can go any further[emoji36]
586739ed69c8766272678ace4fd522b9.jpg

How far from Summit are you? You could probably drive there and pick one up from them and be back in business today.

I'm close enough that I ordered last night at 9PM and they will have it at my door today... For free[emoji57]

I love Summit. I have a degree wheel kit from them but haven't used it yet. Have fun!!

I got the head studs, lifters and lifter guides all installed, on one side, today........ But.... In light of talking about the amount of money I'm spending on this thing, I am going to be pulling the cam back out and sending it to R&D IDI Performance to have him grind a stage 1 cam that he designed for the Fords to "test" in a 6.5. Sounds like he's had pretty good results with it in the ford idi's so we'll see how it does in my engine.

Going back to a few pages ago when you mentioned sending out the cam. Where do you expect the gains to be on the new cam grind? Low end torque for towing, or max power at higher rpm, or across the board?

Mainly designed for low end torque, but is supposed give a broader torque curve across the board.

When you say your going to degree the cam, do you mean read it and see what lift & such are... or is the cam or gears adjustable and you will set it per the grinders specs??

When you say your going to degree the cam, do you mean read it and see what lift & such are... or is the cam or gears adjustable and you will set it per the grinders specs??
I will be setting the cam to the grinders specs. For the Fords he just has them make the dot on the cam gear one tooth off and that gets it where it needs to be. Since this is on something new, he gave me the specs to set it at to make sure it is put where it needs to be.

Back