• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Radiant barrier for windows

I would rather have heat than cold. I have yet have heat make me hurt. I have been in temps down too -160F with wind chill. No matter how many layers I put on, it did not help. It went right through what ever I had on. It hurt! Then y'all have that white crap that falls all over the place. It must be cleaned up, constantly. That is back breaking work, that hurts! Too each his own! I will stick to this heat down South.

That barrier material works great. I used a small section on a buddies RZR. The heat from the motor was pushing through the plastic fairings behind his seats. I removed the plastic fairings and wedged in some barrier material. It helped greatly. We both figured the heat would melt it away. It is still there and been there over a year.

Nice sig FT.

And as much as I hate it I'll take the heat over the cold too. Why can't it just be 75-80* all the time!!??

I'll take the cold(not-160) as I can always add a layer. I never intend on living near or on the arctic circle. I think that in 10 years my opinion could change. Shoveling roofs and snowblowing won't be possible in 10ish years for me. I figure Tenn., Virginia, or the Carolinas is in my future.

Thats exactly what I did. Looks like same material too. Didn't see a price though or a fit for our trucks?

Me to Dave.

Im on a radiant barrier kick right now thinking of new ways to use it. I stuck some in my hat and that works good. If I could find more of a fabric type I think you could line your clothing with it.

I used it around my accumulator and anywhere needed on my AC system. I used aluminum duct tape to hold it in place.

Yeah, guess I didn't think of that as too bad because 1" of that stuff does what takes 18"'of the cheap stuff. Also doesn't hurt that I don't sign the check for those p.o.'s

So in oil and fuel industries we deal with 4 digit temps. Insulation isn't a nice thing, it's mandatory. 1 company is head and shoulders above the world.

http://www.morganthermalceramics.com

Look at some of this stuff. You can get blankets 1" thick that will stop all the heat your truck can put out, or take in.
Isn't some of their product used for wrapping marine exhaust?

I'm not sure. I have no knowledge of boating. I would imagine, as they lead the world in insulation. I would think marine exhaust wouldn't be ok hard to tackle after some of the industrial solutions they have come up with.

Back