• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE Deep Allison Transmission Pan

Just an update after running the fluid and pan for a while. I originally did not notice a temperature drop, but after some time driving it, it does appear to me that the fluid inside the Allison runs about 15-20 degrees cooler according to my factory OEM gauge. I compared the same daily driving that I do. I tried to compare the same exact drives. I really looked at the gauges more often after doing the install and fluid change, and the truck does seem to run a little cooler. Overall, I am happy I did the pan and fluid change. I think when driving, the winds run through the cooling fins on the bottom of the pan and cool the fluid a little more than with the factory OEM Allison steel pan.

Another update. I guess the extra Transynd fluid and the Alli deep pan does run cooler. The remainder of the summer, after my last post on 7-16-11, the temps have been lower all the way around. Definitely worth the extra money here for the deep pan and Transynd if you were having any issues with hotter temps. I suspect that it will get better on the next fluid change as I get the concentration higher with more Transynd. The shifts have been better also. Overall, I am very satisfied with the mod.

Just saw this, but don't even Worry about how Low it Hangs. Back when I had my Truck Lowered, I thought I'd be Scraping On everything with my Mag-Hytec, and it didn't even come Close to Hitting anything.

Back