• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Painted Door Handles?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How did you guys prep the handles before painting them?

ill do some reasearch i knew one guy that went to walmart got factory paint and clear coat and sanded it down painted it with alot of light coats and it came out good. but ill check around i believe that you can get a set of 4 door handles from gmpartsdirect that are escalade handles already painted in the color you like

ill do some reasearch i knew one guy that went to walmart got factory paint and clear coat and sanded it down painted it with alot of light coats and it came out good. but ill check around i believe that you can get a set of 4 door handles from gmpartsdirect that are escalade handles already painted in the color you like

I picked up a set of plain (4) factory black handles for $30. Just going to paint them myself!

Theres a place that sells them. Forgot the name though. They aint cheap though but they are REAL GM painted escalade handles

i know alot of people were getting the escalade painted ones off of gmpartsdirect i think they were saying its like $170 for all 4 but i could be wrong.

also try partszoneonline. They dont rob you for shipping. Ive bought 9 sets of BIG 06 mirrors from them so far. Great place.

i dont know if this helps you or not but i did some research and these are the part numbers for the escalade silver birch door handles

15195279 FLH / 15195280 FRH

15195293 RLH / 15195294 RRH

$437 for the big mirrors shipped to your door. THey overnite mine to me for some reason, but theyre shipping is pretty fast to anybody.

Your local Chevy/Gmc dealer can get them. I talked to a local dealer, they told me $205 for all 4 handles and tailgate handle. The buckets come painted to match and handles are chrome. I belive the tailgate handle is all painted. Hope this helps.

Anyone have some good preping instructions for painting these?

I got mine from GMpartsdirect, escalade handles. I forget how much, but it was cheaper than anywhere else.

I would sand the crap out of them to get all the texture out. Use some adhesion promoter before you prime. Sand your coats till you get them smooth. Should work fine as long as you smooth them out before you paint them.

Back